Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What TV are you watching now? (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV are you watching now? (2014)

Watching Breaking Bad from the start on Netflix. Pilot was not less than superb!

Usually, I am not really into these types of series, but BB is quite pungent and smart.
    Last edited by zlogdan; 01-14-2014, 03:22 PM. Reason: then should be than
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Mindless fun tonight...I'm putting on DVD's of the classic "Gilligan's Island"
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

I'm up to "The Next Doctor" on Doctor Who.

I don't know what it is about "Love & Monsters" and a few other episodes that seem to go over fast, before I know it. Many are so easy to watch.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Apart from Dr. Who which I started watching slavishly more than 30 years ago, I'd say Dexter. You know, the popular TV-series based on the novel "Darkly Seeking Dexter". As usual, I'm so old-fashioned that I'll only discover a good show when it's cancelled, but go retro with me here and enjoy a rare twist on conventional US serial killer hunts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
        "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

I'll be watching the new Big Bang Theory episode tonight. Sheldon's on his favorite form of transportation should be hilarious!

Comment

Last year, that most moorcockian Mr. Mosley wrote, "TV is gradually winding down in the run up to Christmas. Masters of Sex and The Tunnel (UK remake of The Bridge) finished their first runs this wee, while Borgen 3 came to an end last weekend."

Funny how Danish tv has suddenly become a fad in the U.K. I hear that apparel vendors have even been profiting on selling sweaters looking like the one worn by the detective of "Forbrydelsen" (The Killing).

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
              I'll be watching the new Big Bang Theory episode tonight. Sheldon's on his favorite form of transportation should be hilarious!
              Great episode.

Possibly, I might have mentioned this elsewhere, but I have really taken to Elementary. Maybe a derivative of Sherlock, I feel it has grow into its own. Lots more detecting and some additional characters. The In Our Time about Catasphrosism was great as it added background detail about Dead Clade Walking episode.

Jagged - On Radio 4 PM show (I think) they had a Danish journalist on, discussing this very fad as Scandinavian noir has gone worldwide. As the journalist said, most people believe these countries match to these programmes. He then pointed out that most Scandinavians see the UK as Downton Abbey....

Going back to the other threads about Good Writings Vs. Talented Writing, why do certain progs seem to grab the attention and become a wave. Felt the BBC were trying to create the same effect with Sherlock after the recent series.
              Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Doc Martin last night...a very funny season 5 finale episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Pebble View Post
                  He then pointed out that most Scandinavians see the UK as Downton Abbey....
                  No! I won't have that. We tend to see the UK as Upstairs, Downstairs! ("Op ad trapperne, ned ad trapperne" my uncle uses to call Brit drama.)

Comment

I'm enjoying new HBO series True Detective. The first few episodes reminded me a lot of Derek Raymond's Factory novels with Matthew McConaughey's character in the place of the nameless narrator and his monologues (the characters had similar experiences with their wives and kids) and Woody Harrellson as the dramatic expositionary "companion"—if that makes sense.

I've also been enjoying the new Matt Berry series Toast of London. It's pretty funny.

Comment

Sherlock BBC season 3

( Netflix has it available already )
                      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

I've managed to get myself into a bit of a box set pickle.

We've got the full 6 series box set of Breaking Bad and we're half way through season 2. In Norfolk this weekend we started series 1 of The Wire and I've just bought series 3 of Game of Thrones.

I'm in danger of confusing my Walter Whites with my Deanerys Targaryens and my Jim McNultys.

If I'm not careful I'll be dreaming about Walter in orange jumpsuit turning up in Baltimore carrying three dragon eggs and claiming to be the ruler of the projects.

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post

If I'm not careful I'll be dreaming about Walter in orange jumpsuit turning up in Baltimore carrying three dragon eggs and claiming to be the ruler of the projects.
                          Now, that I'd watch.

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
                            Sherlock BBC season 3
                            Is that Stephen Moffat striking again?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
                              Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
                              Sherlock BBC season 3
                              Is that Stephen Moffat striking again?
                              Completely. The new series is as good as seasons 1 and 2, which were superb.

Comment

Working...
                              X