Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

HAWKAID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zakt
    replied
    Would have to say, fond as I am of all things Hawkwind, I'm not wondering much about it :oops: It was nice to see them this year, but ...

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    I haven't done my duty yet. :oops: I must say the album sounds more interesting than the single. Somewhat treacherously, I'm also wondering what has happened to the Space Ritual studio album that was due out in Spring.

Leave a comment:

• zakt
    replied
    Sadly the bank holiday has interfered with deliveries to my small outlet :?

The interview disc is quite interesting, though, and whets the appetite. Greenback Massacre sounds like a goodie, a bit different from the formula :)

Leave a comment:

• CandyFlossCow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey_C
    There's now a clip of the single on that site. :)

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    I haven't listened to it yet (apart from the extract on the CD promo sent out to HW passport holders) but there is a Hawkwind interview here: http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/voiceprint.php/Web%20Radio Claims to have input from Mr Moorcock! Also - Gong and Mother Gong interviews for those who are interested! :clap:

PS: Check this!!! http://www.tws-fans.co.uk/matthewwright :lol:

Leave a comment:

• zakt
    replied
    Hey, Dave, you been living quietly?

I specifically asked at my shop, and they confirmed they do influence the charts, I think the IT's good enough nowadays that they all do. Down to Forever Changes then?

We had Space Ritual up here for Wickerman this year - good to see them in this rural cultural desert, but Brock & gang would suit me even better!

http://www.soundclick.com/zachariahtoadstool

Leave a comment:

• dobah
    replied
    Hey Zakt you all right man ?
    oh have to go for this. Still ain't seen the mighty wind seen Nik Turner a couple of times, that Space ritual lot is great stuff. Do the sales still only count if bought from certain stores, I know thats how it worked in the eighties.

Love and Pax
    Dobah

Leave a comment:

• zakt
    replied
    Just a reminder, the new single is out on 29 august - I have placed my order at my local store rather than encourage Amazon's profits any further.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Undoubtedly, although I wonder whether all the sellers are aware of their dodginess. Be warned!

Leave a comment:

• mordenkainen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey_C
    I now see these 'Rock Fever' Hawklords CDs are being sold for آ£30!
    ..which is arguably another form of theft :?:

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Thinking about this more, I'm pretty annoyed. :x I've been ripped off here. Can anyone advise me of the legal situation?

I now see these 'Rock Fever' Hawklords CDs are being sold for آ£30!

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Cheers for that. I could say that it serves them right for not sorting out the regular releases, but I won't! I was suspicious because of the misnaming of '25 years on''. The quality's fine, thanks. Mike may be interested to learn that 'The Elf and the Hawk' is also available on Ebay from, (I stongly suspect) the same label. This is a form of theft, I know.

Leave a comment:

• KenBoorman
    replied
    I am afraid they are bootlegs. I hope they are reasonable quality. The band will certainly see none of your money :(

ken

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    I'm intrigued if any Hawkfans out there can help me. I've recently bought 'Warrior on the Edge of Time', 'Twenty five years on'' (wrongly title 'Hawklords') and a CD with 'Astounding Sounds...' and 'Quark, Strangeness, and Charm' (I think its a single CD, but it hasn't come yet) in the same package - all on a German label called 'Rock Fever' and date around 2001. The label's website no longer exists. These were all 'Buy now' items for around 13 euros, and, knowing the rarity of these albums on CD, I was surprised by the price.

Are these official releases? Am I just lucky or what?

Leave a comment:

• Marc
    replied
    'Specially when you turn it up so loud it vibrates the crystal off the glass shelves (oops! It was an accident...) :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X