Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Hawkwind US/Canadian Tour Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkwind US/Canadian Tour Dates

DO NOT PANIC TOUR DATES

ALL DATES POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR

October 07 - Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
    October 08 - Montreal, QC Corona KinoPlex
    Phew!! See you all there folks! :-)
    October 10 - Boston, MA @ Wilbur Theater
    October 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
    October 12 - Washington DC @ Rock n Roll Hotel
    October 13 - New York City, NY @ Gramercy Theater
    October 15 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom
    October 16 - Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle
    October 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Regency Theater
    October 19 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
    October 20 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Arts Center
    October 22 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theater
    October 24 - Austin, TX @ Mohawk
    October 25 - Dallas, TX @ Granada Theater
    October 26 - Houston, TX Fitzgerald's Houston

Phew!! See you all there folks....Have a Good Time! ;-)

Tickets on sale June 21st
    Last edited by UncleDes; 10-05-2013, 05:45 AM.
    Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Just got my tickets for the Chicago show. Note that the venue has changed from the 400 capacity Empty Bottle to the 700 capacity Logan Square Auditorium. $25 plus a $4 "convenience" fee.

Realized that I haven't seen them live since about the Church Of Hawkwind era - I have the programme so I must have gone. The last show I actually remember seeing is Mike on stage with them singing Coded Languages.

That's a pretty good spread of cities on this tour, including at least one Texas city of note.

Mike, are you going to be making an appearance?
    \"Such confidence, gentlemen, is warming to the heart\".

Comment

Will be at the Toronto show, my very first Hawkwind show. I did contemplate traveling to the UK primarily to watch them at least once, but the budget perennially being tight, I'm lucky they decided to play in Toronto instead.
      Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

Just saw the Austin show is 10/24. I might have to check that out.
        Dave Hardy
        http://fireandsword.blogspot.com/

My books: Crazy Greta, Tales of Phalerus the Achaean, and Palmetto Empire.

sigpic

Comment

My girlfriend and I are going to the Chicago show.
          Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

All tour North American tour dates canceled due to Dave B's ill health.
            Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Dave Brock is sick, apparently due to stress caused by Nik Turner trying to usurp the Hawkwind name (again), this time by trademarking it.
              Cinder Block Press

Comment

Has there ever been a band espousing "free love" that so lacked freedom and/or love? I exaggerate of course, but there is an oddly combative/controlling/ownership vibe to a band who's external image is often contra "big business". I'm no expert however: I've an album or two and that's the extent of my "knowledge".

Comment

All I'll say is that it's a hard business.
                  Cinder Block Press

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                    Has there ever been a band espousing "free love" that so lacked freedom and/or love?
                    After reading a bunch of recent press, I think that a lot of the time people who talk the most about 'peace love and harmony' are really only trying to convince themselves. It's like the church people who talk about sin and damnation all the time. Or people who drink all day and wear too much cologne to cover up the smell of the alcohol.
                    Cinder Block Press

Comment

Originally posted by opaloka View Post
                      Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                      Has there ever been a band espousing "free love" that so lacked freedom and/or love?
                      After reading a bunch of recent press, I think that a lot of the time people who talk the most about 'peace love and harmony' are really only trying to convince themselves. It's like the church people who talk about sin and damnation all the time. Or people who drink all day and wear too much cologne to cover up the smell of the alcohol.
                      Well, Black Flag never talked that talk, kind of the opposite in many ways, and yet members and ex-members are embroiled in similar conflict.

I don't doubt "convincing themselves" is part of the problem, but I won't discount the power of money to simply dissolve principles.

Anyway, sad.

Comment

Apparently Ginn and Turner share the same law firm. I mean that literally, they in fact do have the same lawyer, who litigated the suit against Keith Morris etc., and filed the trademark for Nik.
                        Cinder Block Press

Comment

Originally posted by opaloka View Post
                          Apparently Ginn and Turner share the same law firm. I mean that literally, they in fact do have the same lawyer, who litigated the suit against Keith Morris etc., and filed the trademark for Nik.
                          Crazy. The firm's not Gaynor, Klosterheim & Associates is it?

Regardless, all parties should be sent to the Judgement Hall of the Mountain Grill.

Comment

I'm not going to make lengthy comments on the background because it's been done to death elsewhere and, quite frankly, it's been heart-breaking to see fans so divided. This also isn't the forum to comment on the rights and wrongs of it all. Just 2 quick things though:

First, there's been a heap of misinformation going around about the US gigs (i.e. they were cancelled because member a or b couldn't get visas, etc.). They've been rescheduled, not cancelled, so fingers crossed for US fans. The current tour of Warrior... round the UK has been going down a storm with audiences, just a shame MM wasn't doing some narration.

Second, there seems to be a lot of litigation about band names recently. I wonder why there's been such a rise in the past 5 years? There's certainly a lot of it about (Saxon, Animals, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, 21st Century Doors, Black Fag, Queensryche, Wishbone Ash, to name but a few). Is it just members are of 'a certain age', some trademark law change or just a rise in the 'nostalgia band' market?

The Black Flag case is mystifying because it's dragged in members who weren't actually involved in touring, etc. The infamous Queensryche case (same record company as NT) isn't quite a parallel but it's all about an ex-member getting kicked out of the band and wanting not just the name but the merchandising, image rights, etc. Shows how far these things go.

The closest example is possibly the Wishbone Ash case (almost a perfect copy - 1969 band, ex-member had left, rejoined and left, thinks he's the 'spirit' of the band, one original left, etc.) and the UK courts have just ruled against him. The US courts are, of course, different but the closeness of the case is almost exact. All these cases are terribly sad for fans, as well as for the band members who were obviously friends for some time.

http://wishboneash.com/blog/post/vic...ard_won_fight/
                            http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queensryche-court-delay/
                            What part of 'Get out of town, Freak' don't you understand?

Comment

Musical conflicts

I cant say I know much about Hawkwind and some issues discussed here(I have watched videos but not made a show) and The problems discussed here-too bad they cant all come together like yes did with all members that were ever in it to make a mega power band(they did have a battle- the old members with the new ones for a time over the name and who was the real "YES"). I have watched the videos. I play music and jammed a lot- with some really great musicians-but I found the Egos and Bullshit in some too much to deal with on a constant basis (I tried) I am much happier Being a solitary artist with drawing. Still I love good Music and that can happen without money-so i still Jam-still get asked to record (mostly on harmonica-there's a million better guitarists-like who can sight read sheet music and play it without flaws in a studio reading it for the first time, and have perfect pitch,etc).I try to avoid learning too much about the artists personal life if I like their art(does anyone care if Bon Jovi and David lee Roth his Singer are on the outs with each other or not?or running with the devil?-I didn't, sorry-it helps me enjoy the art without their personal life and me judging it changing my enjoyment. Would you hate my artwork you liked before if you found out I smoked? Maybe with some. I Hope things turn around with this for the better for all.This is just my view and taste and not a right or wrong one I would think.Remember old Hollywood the Glamor and mystery? it added to their stardom-nowadays we get around the clock Star watch and what they think and do-I hate those programs-they take up so much on regular news too I think when there is much more Happening in the world. still like i said I hope things turn out for the better for all-down the line they may feel like the Beatle Paul did about Jhon-wishing they had not butted heads so much in the end and the sadness he has over it.
                              Last edited by wiredwullff; 12-24-2014, 05:58 AM.
                              "? ",qouz"! ' c. mackay from extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the crowds.

Comment

Working...
                              X