Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

HLL Double Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLL Double Live

Not sure if you caught this, but I just ordered my copy. Track listing is good, and there's a new Moonglum!

I may have to cut it into bits on Audacity to get it mobile, as each CD is one continuous track!

Any idea how 'limited' this edition is?

Des
    Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Thanks a lot, Des. Looks really cool; I like the "hot off the board" presentation. It's getting wedged into the Cranks' February entertainment budget one way or another!

Comment

Off to have a look around Des.

Nice one!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I picked this up thinking it was a gig he played years ago at the same venue (it's my local pub).

It's very good - well worth a listen and reflects his live sound well. It is, as noted above, highly annoying as it is just one long track. I didn't realise this when I first got it, and almost crashed the car swearing at it because I thought it was faulty when it kept going back to the start when I 'skipped' forwards!
        What part of 'Get out of town, Freak' don't you understand?

Comment

Well I ordered the thing two weeks ago and no sign of it at the Des res yet.

Hmmmm......

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

...and the CD arrived today, of course, in good condition.

Although a little "bottom-heavy" (speaker-warping), it is very good sound quality and sounds like a great performance from what I've heard so far.

Des

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Excellent: I've edited it into individual tracks and mixed down the bass and bass drums to make it listenable for Huw's work.

Any idea why Huw was rushing the lyrics? His guitar work was spot-on, but it was tough to make out what he was saying at times...even sometimes between the tracks...

Also: what was the "swamp" a reference to? I thought this was an indoor gig.

Cheers!

Des

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Working...
              X