Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Motorhead/L7/Hawkwind Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Motorhead/L7/Hawkwind Connection

I was trawling the net, and found an article from 1997, involving Lemmy interviewing the core members of L7. There's a little bit about Hawkwind too, if you read down far enough.

http://www.nodeadtrees.com/ezines/geekgirl/L7/art2.html

Sparks: Well, I think we're just the way we are, and there are probably some people out there who do think we're sexy and...
    Lemmy: The trouble is they aren't sexy [laughter all around].
    :( I think Lemmy just "dissed" me.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Wasn't it L7 that was throwing their used tampons at the crowd at Ozzfest, or was it Greedstock?
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Originally posted by DeepFixer
      Wasn't it L7 that was throwing their used tampons at the crowd at Ozzfest, or was it Greedstock?
      I believe it was Reading Festival, here in merry olde England. The crowd were throwing mud, and Donita Sparks (lead singer) had nothing else to throw back so she ... ahem... produced a used tampon and retaliated. Crikey! :oops: She once dropped her pants and panties live on British television too... it was after 10pm, but still a little unexpected.

Only a few weeks ago 50 Cent and The Rasmus were bottled off stage at Reading Festival. It sounds pretty wild.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
        I believe it was Reading Festival, here in merry olde England.
        O.K., yeah, that was it. I remember that from the "100 Most Shocking Rock Moments," or words similar, that VH1 was showing. Just a week or three ago, in fact.

Then, someone in the crowd threw it back!

Comment

Then, someone in the crowd threw it back!
          Well, that's just plain ungrateful. This was before eBay of course...

Comment

Well, that's just plain ungrateful. This was before eBay of course...
            Then some cloner buys it, and we've got nasty copies running around.

That's why I shudder when Lemmy was thinking of having his warts removed and then sell them on eBay.

An army of Lemmy-clones would have earth shaking consequences . . .

Comment

Then some cloner buys it, and we've got nasty copies running around.
              I imagine a clone made from a used tampon would be very, VERY angry... and if you didn't give it enough chocolate, you'd be a dead man. Just a guess.

I dread to think what an army of Lemmy-shaped wart-people would want from us. I assume they'd just want to rub toads on our faces to make more of their kind?

Sorry, I'm gibbering now.

Comment

You could definitely apply the word "greed" to Ozzfest, too. I have friends who've toured on Ozzfest...oh, the tales they tell.

(Got a spare $75,000 lying around? Wanna play Ozzfest? Get your checkbook....)

Comment

I remember in the early 90's - was it on 'The Word'? - when they (L7) performed 'Pretend We're Dead' live, at the end of which one of the girls pulled her jeans down and 'revealed her all'. Heh. I was 'shrooming at the time, too. And I've still got it on tape.

Comment

I dread to think what an army of Lemmy-shaped wart-people would want from us.
                    Whatever it was, it would surely end with a major depletion of global whiskey reserves!

Comment

Working...
                    X