Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Were Machine head linked to hawkwind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were Machine head linked to hawkwind

IN the 90s (i think) there was a band called Machine head Wasnt that a album by Hawkwind or am i wrong.

Machine head, was an album by Deep Purple 1972.

It's got "Smoke on the Water" on it, and "Highway Star".

Machinehead are linked to Hawkwind in roughly the same way that John lennon was linked to Slayer.
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

Re: Were Machine head linked to hawkwind

Originally posted by yolanda
      IN the 90s (i think) there was a band called Machine head Wasnt that a album by Hawkwind or am i wrong.
      No - but not to worry. It's a common mistake made by those new to the band.

You're probably getting confused with THESE Hawkwind (& related) tracks -

Silver MachineHead
      MotorMachineHead
      MachineHeads
      Voice Inside My MachineHead
      Over My MachineHead

. . . . And, of course, there was an album entitled -

'Bring Me The MachineHead Of Yuri Gagarin'

. . . . So there you go. If I had a penny for every time a Hawkwind newbie made the same mistake you did, I'd be skint.

Comment

This use of 'Head' was common in the sixties.

'Heads' in general were counter-culture types.

More specifically, they could be 'Acid Heads' [users of LSD]; or 'Motor Heads' [speed freaks].

Not sure what a 'Machine Head' was - Purple tell us in all innocence that it refers to the tuning peg on a guitar.

What about that excellent band of Micheal des Barres, called 'Silver Head' - what was that about?

Mr. des Barres

Comment

Working...
        X