Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

MegaHertz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MegaHertz

I'm a huge supporter of foreign music (particularly rock/metal because that's what I'm into). I'm more into German bands because that's what I've been exposed to but there are others (like Dimmu Borgir which is from Norway).

One German band that you probably haven't heard of is MegaHerz. I've liked MegaHerz for about 3 years now but have not actually owned one of their CDs (all my experiance of them was through free samples online and live bootleg footage). If you like hard rock/metal and don't mind german lyrics check MegaHerz out.

Here is a direct link to a page on their site that offers free clips of some of their songs from various CDs:

http://www.megaherz.com/en/media/audio

Also MegaHerz just released their first American CD (I just found this out) so go check them out!

Thanos

Re: MegaHertz

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
    I'm a huge supporter of foreign music
    ?

"Foreign music"? What's that???!!!

Comment

Sorry... I'm American. I tend to forget that this is an international site. Euro-music is "foreign" to me. I suppose this is so because it is rare here. Americans experiance little media other than their own. For instance... while I know that there are many good German bands out there... Rammstein is the only one that I can find in stores here. Megaherz is here now but I've yet to find them. I have to go to Boarders (a chain of bookstores here) in order to get imported music.

Thanos

Comment

Is Furriner a Kroof Rudy alias? If so, that post was much too polite.

Thanos - that is interesting, in that you are indicating that you regard the UK as non-European :? See the thread on Euro-elections under Q&A for a discussion but I can imagine that to a non-resident, an indepth discussion of euro-politics might just constitute Abu Graibh style punishment.
        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Originally posted by zakt
          Is Furriner a Kroof Rudy alias? If so, that post was much too polite.
          You haven't been listening to the Bay City Rollers again, have you?!

Comment

As a matter of fact ...

Thought the documentary on C4 last week about their lost "millions" most entertaining. They were complete shite, but they sold records, they had a huge following and they got ripped off mercilessly by their paedophile manager. Lead singer now reduced (fat and fiftyish) to doing semi-karaoke in London pubs, reliving his glory years in front of a similarly ageing and hefty female audience.

How unlike Hawkwind :?

Welcome back, by the way, the Multiverse has been too polite without you.

Comment

Originally posted by zakt
              Thought the documentary on C4 last week about their lost "millions" most entertaining.
              Saw it. I was hoping to see some ultra-violence during the 'when Les met Tam' sequence, but no luck. I reckon Les should have went to the meeting all hopped-up on a lethal cocktail of anti-depressants; wild turkey; sleepers; real shite, low-quality acid; and a noseful of poppers just to make sure.

And what did he bring instead? A bunch of papers which he probably couldn't understand anyway, the bum, and a too-nice attitude.

He should have slit the old buggers huge, bloated belly with a carefully concealed stanley-knife. Now THAT would have been good.

Mind you, maybe Tam - before he snuffed it - could have retorted with a blast from a sawn-off, previously hidden up his huge arse.

Television is hopeless for ultra-violence.

Welcome back, by the way, the Multiverse has been too polite without you.
              Why not just get pished again, and lash out at some of the dull bams? Honestly; you'd feel better.

Comment

No, I have to be in at the office tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X