Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Zakt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakt

Has anyone here purchased a Zakt CD? I'm curious but not enough to actually get one of my own. I haven't heard anything. It seems as though it would be good but I'm just not sure enough to merit purchase. Perhaps Zakt could either release a free online song available at his website or he could do one of those 10 second samples that some music sites do. Tool's website offers a short sample of every song they've released. Regardless, he has good taste in artwork. ;)

Thanos

Cheers, TSS - even customer temptation is progress in our book!

I'm not technical enough to do what you suggest, and the website master (bass player) is heavily involved in kids, work and his money-earning band, but if you let me have your email address via a private message (can you do that on this site?) I'll send you a tasty taster (and details as to how you can buy the rest of it!)
    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Nah... to give Mike more privacy Berry stopped the use of Messages. But my e-mail is listed in my profile. I trust the people here not to be jerks and give my mail out to mailing lists. I've gotten in touch with a few of them and met some nice people. Posting my e-mail is worth the risk. Plus I have 5 more where that came from. ;)

I'd love getting anything you'd be willing to send me. I've access to a cable modem so if it's big it isn't a problem.

Thanos

Comment

Hey Zakt,

Just listened to the sample you sent me. I was rather surprised. It seems very 70s-ish to me and the first thing it make me think of was Hendrix. Where can I find purchasing info?

Thanos

Comment

Thanos

Sending email with details.

The comparison is extremely overwhelming :oops: , but good avertising to all the Multiverse!

Thanks

Comment

I'm assuming you guys are trading MP3s or something, in which case you could just archive one or more files and place a link to the archive on your band's website. I personally think it would be smart to release these via P2P too and save your own bandwidth - of course it might be good to advertise th fact that you took that option on the website. I'd download them from whatever source.

You can keep the quality low, and release but one or two songs, maintaining the rest for purchase only. Another option is to release live songs only, maintaining studio recordings for purchase.

There's some very high quality stuff out there that's got nothing to do with MTV, airplay, or anything else - you have to get the word out somehow though...

Comment

Lost me completely now! Suffice to say the CD has a side one and side two - that Neanderthal in approach! Is there an idiots guide on that stuff, Krunky?

Comment

Zakt:

Hmmm, I may need more in terms of just how little you know, or are you just yanking my chain?

A CD has only one playable side, most commonly - the other is normally used to label the disk. A CD is digital in format already, which means that the information on it can be pulled from the CD source and encoded into another format - in the recommended circumstance into a file format called an MP3. The process of encoding CD audio to MP3 can be done on practically any modern computer using freely available software. The MP3 itself can be encoded at different levels of quality which can serve to protect your product in that people will still pay to get the highest quality of recording from you if they think your music is worth the investment based on their listening of a lower quality MP3 - otherwise, you are basically expecting them to pay for something they have never even heard (as in my case).

I went to your site, I browsed around a bit, I read some "gnome rock" lyrics, but where's the joy of going to a music site with no music?

Even if you wanted to forego the popular MP3 option, some Realaudio files could be nice instead.

Comment

Krunky, your chain was only slightly pulled. We recorded needle sounds at the start and end of each "side", to reflect our retro convictions. Have now got as far as MP3ing it ... more later ...

Comment

I got your e-mail Zakt.

I’m currently checking on the proper procedure for sending mail outside the US. I want to make sure everything is done properly. Just didn't want you to think my silence was me avoiding you!

Also, would you mind signing and dating the copy that you send me? When not listening to it I intend to keep the CD with my Moorcock collection. It's more or less just for sentimental reasons. I collect anything even vaguely related with Mike.

Thanos

Comment

Zachariah Toadstool And The Magic Mushrooms

Zakt

you sent me some samples of your band Zachariah Toadstool And The Magic Mushrooms, I am well impressed. I shall be in touch about getting a CD.

Love and Pax
                      Dobbie

yeah I do actually have a login here just loath to use it incase I get this site bannned at work, maybe I shouldn't be listening to music at work either
                      MEEP !

Comment

Dave

Details away to you - glad you enjoyed the snippets (don't know whether I should be speaking to you though, my phone bill has just arrived and I am going to have to have a stern word with the kids about what they click when on-line - "Pirates of the 4th Ether", these premium rate people must have a Horace Quelch amongst them)

Krunky - have sent MP3s off to the little man who comes into look after our website, hopefully there should be something there afore too long.

Comment

Samples available as below:

http://cobweb.businesscollaborator.c...minal_zone.mp3

http://cobweb.businesscollaborator.c..._the_goods.mp3

http://cobweb.businesscollaborator.c...y_of_arden.mp3

Hope to have them onsite soon.

Comment

Thanks for the CD Harry great stuff
                            Off to sell my soul to the evil financial empire on Monday
                            Hope the wicker man festival goes well
                            I just don't do festivals I get hayfever and am asthmatic and all that sitting around on grass makes me paifully sort of breath, but smoking grass arh thats better.......... :P

Comment

Weather forecast for July indicates high pollen count will not be a problem! :(

Comment

Working...
                              X