Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Yyrkoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yyrkoon

Don't know if they ever cleared the name with MM,
    but they sound good. (heavy)

NEW SIGNINGS
    Sony Music: Judas Priest
    Olympic Recordings: Incantation
    Metal Blade: Primordial
    Nuclear Blast: Disbelief
    Osmose Productions: Yyrkoon
    Napalm Records: Midnattsol
    Galy Records: Anhkrehg
    Majestic Rock Records: Million
    Goodfellow Records: The Secret
    Cult Metal Classics: Overlorde
    Season Of Mist: Tsjuder, Esoteric
    Perris Records: Stampede Queen, Machinegun Kelly

MP3 Samples:
    http://www.yyrkoon.net/Mp3-Samples-english.htm

Yeah! I heard those guys before... I read in an interview that they only took the name because of how it sounded (or looked), or something like that. They haven't used any material as influence though..

Makes me wonder why they chose it in the first place?

First of all im getting tired of mixed vocals like fearfactory and the likes.
    And synths don't bode well for my taste, to be used with caution, at least thats my taste or perhaps 'idiom'.. :?

Comment

I like their first two releases a lot ! I'm not sure how the new album will turn out... judging from the artwork it'll be different. I'll probably give it a try though...

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
        And synths don't bode well for my taste, to be used with caution, at least thats my taste or perhaps 'idiom'.. :?
        I agree with you
        I ain't too keen on a lot of death / black metal production at the moment too much low end not enough guitars and vocals which is surley where the intrest lies maybe these bands don't have musicians in them who can do guitar solos or even a decent riff
        The bands that really impress me are the ones who can play live and sound as good if not better than on record

Comment

Welcome back in your new incarnation, David :D

Was the mutation painful :?:
          \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Originally posted by dobah
            Originally posted by Theocrat
            I agree with you
            I ain't too keen on a lot of death / black metal production at the moment too much low end not enough guitars and vocals which is surley where the intrest lies maybe these bands don't have musicians in them who can do guitar solos or even a decent riff
            The bands that really impress me are the ones who can play live and sound as good if not better than on record
            Just look at bands like 'Morbid Angel','Obituary','Malevolent Creation', and 'Demolition Hammer' (The latter groups records are hard to come by these days...)
            I can surely say that RATT (Warren De Martini) had more solostyle than alotta bands nowadays when it comes to individual solostyle and ingenuity,,,,, yes! i know that Randy & Jake where forebears in a way but i still think that Warren hit a vein on his own like Mike did with his fiction & nonfiction stories... I totally think that mikes literary achievements deserve a note within english literature in schools.
            And Warrens style notoriety for it's ambivalance.
            'cuse playing the "Scheiأ?e" is a measure of (how well you ) hear and play!

Comment

Harry - It was like I awoke from a long and deep sleep in a new login and the world was transformed, gone where the dark fungal visions I beheld a lush flower filled sunny day :P

Theocrat - I must admit I never listened to Ratt that closely :oops: just one of those bands I never took too seriously or have any records by if I get the chance I will give 'em a good listen :twisted:

Comment

Can I intrude on this to give my two cents?

Jake E. Lee is regarded as being better than he really is because of his association with Ozzy (yes, I am aware of Badlands). In my opinoin, while I really like Bark... and The Ultimate Sin, his contributions pale in comparison to Randy and Zakk Wylde (who, in my opinion, is a monster).

Warren DeMartini is regarded as being worse than he really is becuase of his association with Ratt, whose "'80's legacy" isn't as strong as some of their contemporaries becuase Steven Pearcy is not considered anywhere in the same league (not even close) with the Vince Neil's, Jani Lane's, Bret Michaels' of the world. DeMartini isn't an innovator like Randy Rhoads, but he was a good player; I'm surpirsed he hasn't hooked on with an established act. I know he had an opportunity with Dio that didn't work out. I wonder if there are "personality issues" there.

Comment

opeth

You guys ever heard of Opeth? if you like heavy you will like them. check it out!
                  Deliverance is their best CD in my opinion. the only weird thing is every song is like 10-20 mins long lol

Comment

Just listened to Yrkoon and technically they are excellent clean and very fast rather than slow and heavy. Unfortunately, I was not moved emotionally, I didnt feel enfused with energy. I did not know the subject of the song that they were thrashing about. The vocal delivery was very one dimensional and incomprehensible. Perhaps I just cant get past Brock and the gang? I do like the name of the band though, Yrkoon, almost as much as "Hawkwind" and the artwork is imaginative...

Comment

Re: opeth

Originally posted by Lurue-Blackheart
                      You guys ever heard of Opeth? if you like heavy you will like them. check it out!
                      Deliverance is their best CD in my opinion. the only weird thing is every song is like 10-20 mins long lol
                      I would have to second that endorsement of Opeth. They are great. My son played them for me the first time I heard them and they're very talented.

Ken
                      Ken Boorman
                      Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

I have listened to them as well, and they seem to be a sort of epic metal/black metal blending.

Comment

Working...
                        X