Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The album game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormbringer-Deep Purple

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Running on Empty - Jackson Brown

('bout describes the U.S., as gas hits $ 4.00 a gallon. This is actually a good thing! People are driving less and taking alternate transportation more. Our dependence on foreign oil will drop along with our greenhouse gas output. We do need to consider effects on food prices - like milk for kids, rice for entire extended families, and products for folks on fixed incomes. But, it really is a step in the right direction if properly handled)
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Young Americans - David Bowie

Ssssssssss.......

Every time I come to this thread my mind goes blank.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Sam's Town - The Killers
          Kevin McCabe
          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

No need to argue - The Cranberries

Eee.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
              ('bout describes the U.S., as gas hits $ 4.00 a gallon
              Oh my heart bleeds gas-guzzling Yankee! See if you can guess how many dollars a gallon it is over here before you unmask the answer:

Ermm, back to the game:

Ege Bamyasi - Can

iii

Comment

WOW!!! Thats a lot of money. I'm quite cross, though, about the gas-guzzling thing. Between the bus and the bicycle, I have been trying to do my part! I really am a bit concerned about collateral costs. I can afford $4.00 a gallon milk, but I'll bet a lot of single mom's can't. Bread/pasta will be next, as bio-fuels compete with food grains. Please tell me you have an advanced enough tax system to discount fuel for the purpose of transporting food. Ah, hmm. Album, yes

If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues

dddddddddddddddddd
                Kevin McCabe

Comment

Kevin-the only thing advanced about the tax system here is the percentage.If the U.S had the same kind of taxes as we do there would probably be an uprising but the only time you would get an uprising in UK is if they addressed our grievances so we had nothing to moan about
                  Whenever im in USA it always amazes me how cheap everything is but i suppose everything is relative to what you are used to.
                  Oh...album......right

Devils and Dust-Bruce Springsteen

tttttttttt
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Hmmm. I don't have good answers at this point. I just know I'm at least as concerned about food costs to poor people as transportation costs to the middle class. Anyway:

This Is Hawkwind - Do Not Panic - Hawkwind
                    Kevin McCabe

Comment

Caress Of Steel-Rush

ellllllllll

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Liquid Head in Tokyo - Alien Sex Fiend

ooo

Comment

Out Here All Night - Damone

Point of Parliamentary Inquiry : Are albums beginning with "The" Ts. Or, do we drop the "The" and just get on to the first real word?

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
                          Kevin McCabe

Comment

I think that we should use the first real word as the starting word,maybe put the 'the' in brackets.

Technical Ecstasy-Black Sabbath

whyyyyyy
                            Last edited by thingfish; 05-18-2008, 04:26 PM.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Sounds good to me Thingfish!

(The) Yes Album - Yes

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                              Kevin McCabe

Comment

Good choice
                                Inspired by that great track we were talking about on other thread

Making Movies-Dire Straits

ssssssssss

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X