Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

BlِِdHag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlِِdHag

Heavy rock + Science Fiction (well OK, it sounds like it's quite silly)

http://books.guardian.co.uk/departme...192375,00.html

They're from Seattle!? Hmm. Guess I don't get to enough rock shows held in public libraries...
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Seems to be some very short songs they play... Almost like a grindcore band. Haven't heard them so i can't say...

http://mike.whybark.com/archives/images/demonics.jpg

Comment

That's the second thread in which you've mentioned Grindcore, Theocrat, and I have no idea what that is. The "short songs" thing gave me an idea, though...

Have you ever heard of M.O.D. (Method of Destruction)? They have hard-core thrashy songs that are quite short (and humorous in a sophomoric sort of way). Songs include "Spandex Enormity" and "Ruptured Nuptials." Just curious if they could be considered Grindcore.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Sounds like the sort of thing - very quick songs and gravelly vocals.

Used to be a band in the UK called Lawnmower Death (a Napalm Death pastiche) that used to do that, then be very polite to the audience inbetween - ask if they were playing too loud for people.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
            That's the second thread in which you've mentioned Grindcore, Theocrat, and I have no idea what that is. The "short songs" thing gave me an idea, though...
            Ever heard Napalm death or Anal cunt.. two different aspects of grindcore.

Grindcore is just PUNK gone haywire.. The faster the BPM's the better.. And somtimes the other way around.. Really chaotic music..
            Alotta real grindcore albums have about 100 to 200 songs on them.
            And that was on LP's.

I'm not really in to M.O.D. though i like S.O.D. which also featured Billy Milano on vocals.. He formed M.O.D. after S.O.D.

M.O.D. is more Hardcore..

Though sometimes this 'CORE' thing is just splitting hairs..
            Like whats 'Metal' and whats 'Core'.
            The dummest thing i heard was "Thrashcore"... Changing the name doesn't revitalize the genre! Good music does..

Comment

I went to high school with Mitch Harris (Napalm)~way cool mellow dude.
              I still hang out with Caper, (Righteous Pigs}
              Wer'e going to do a heavy version of
              ''the heat mizer/cold mizer'' song~ unleashed this christmas.

Bibliophilia FROM BLOODHAG IS an awesome CD.
              I reccomend it~ if you like to read and thrash with brutality.

thier site~~~~seems to be down~~~~~ temporarily??

www.bloodhag.com

BH reading list:
              http://www.sleestak.net/articles/bloodhag/bloodhag3.htm

Comment

Working...
              X