Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Collecting bands for a band site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting bands for a band site!

Hi guys & gals!

I'm collecting Bands for a site. Who are using moorcock stuff in their work ,i.e. influences. The site is supposed to help Mike (he also wished to see this site come up) and fans see which groups are available and how accurate or good they are. The site will also be able to let any of you guys post individual review's on the group you wish to review. Either they play metal or synth or what have you? It would really help us all if they have some MP3 samples of their work aswell.

Deep Fix, Tygers of Pan Tang, Deep Purple, Hawkwind. Bأ¶C.
    Cirith Ungol. Are put aside for the moment.
    But will be featured on the site as well.
    They are all 'tagged' so-to-speak.

The bands i have at the moment are:

Blind Guardian
    Doomsword
    Mournblade
    Stormbringer
    Yyrkoon
    Zakas

Any help or comments would be appreciated!

Loathe though I am to self-publicise, try out Zachariah Toadstool & the Magic Mushrooms, and our album Down In the Garden (1997)

Moorcock references are few, though the main songwriter (hem hem) was overwhelmingly influenced by MM in his formative years (13-40). New Wave Sci-Fi and Rock do meet, however, in the song Terminal Zone which was not consciously derived from The Atrocity Exhibition, but which spookily echoes phrasings from Ballard.

Song Barhill Breakdown has crucifixion imagery with JC influence.

But even at 17, we were too old for Elric (stands back and waits for howls of outrage from S&S devotees).

Oh, and at our annual outing to the Wickerman festival this year we are hooking up with Kev, harmonica / keyboards with Dr Brown which used to feature one Huw Lloyd Langton on guitar.

Check out: http://cobweb.businesscollaborator.com/ztamm/
    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Yyrkoon Zakas

Hey~
      that would be a good name for my son,
      if Yyrkoon wasn't such an asshole.

Comment

How could I forget this one? Half Man Half Biscuit, formed Birkenhead, UK, mid-80s, first LP Back in the DHSS (employment bureau) was top of the Indie charts for a while, then their single from second album Back Again in the DHSS went something like this:

Mention the Lord of the Rings one more time and I'll more than likely kill you;
        Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock you fervently moan.
        Is that a wok that you've shoved down my throat or are you just pleased to see me?
        Brian Moore's head looks uncannily like London Planetarium.

And all those people that you romantically like to still believe are alive are dead,
        So I'll wipe my snot on the arm of your chair while you stick another Roger Dean Poster on the wall.

God I could murder a Cadbury's flake, but then I guess they wouldn't let me into heaven
        Or maybe they would 'cause their adverts promote oral sex.
        A Romany bint in a field with her paints suggesting we faint at her beauty,
        But she's got DICKIE DAVIES EYES ....

OK, probably this doesn't mean much to anyone who didn't grow up with UK 70s/80s TV soccer coverage, but for a small section of the population!! :lol:

HMHB are still going strong, but have never mentioned MM again.[/i]
        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

I think we lost some posts in the last crash, cos' the ones I made about Kendra Smith and the Guild Of Temporal Adventurers have gone.

Produced by Jonah Corey, on 'The Wheel of the Law' lyrics go something like 'Here in this citadel/Time keeps changing'. On her later solo LP there's a track called 'Valley of the Morning Sun' about a airship captain.

Comment

Working...
          X