Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

heavy, loud, ear bashing, all my own work :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy, loud, ear bashing, all my own work :)

Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for a bit, so I thought I'd sign up and tout my music project in Mike's "rock and roll" section :)

http://www.horse-balloon.co.uk

there is only one song available on line, you can get to it through the play section from the main menu

People tell me its like nothing they've ever heard before (but these are usually people with fairly narrow musical experience ;) )

did you know Jerry Cornelius played bass with the Deep Fix?
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

I like it, though I wouldn't necessarily call it disturbing. It's not on the level of Naked City or Estradesphere, whom I also like. It sounds a bit like Wayne Horvitz & Zony Mash as altered by the folks who put together the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack. If you aren't already aware (and you probably are) you should check out www.ipecac.com and Godspeed You! Black Emperor's ""Levez Vos Skinny Fists Comme Antennas To Heaven!"(http://www.drinkfromthefurrycup.com/aural/5.shtml). If I had to make a criticism, I'd say it sounds a littel too Pro-Tools or Acid-based, but it doesn't sound like a kid did it on his mom's computer. I'd be interested in hearing more.

thanks for the post
    ~Jimm

Comment

Hi Jimm,

I don't think I'm trying to disturb people, it's just the usual reaction :)

I am aware of Godspeed you black emperor, but shall while away many happy hours looking up the rest of the artists you mention on the net.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my music.
      \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

I'm into bands like GodspeedY.B.E., ISIS, Neurosis, Zeni Geva, and Godflesh.

I'll check out that track in a few....

There's some pretty harsh sounds in there. Not bad Matt

=====================

I also like stuff like Aphex Twin and Scorn. I really like Scorn.
        I don't listen to a lot of noise stuff, but one of the most memorable semi-noisy things for me is Scorn's "Ogi Beroghie" (I know I misspelled that).
        I like Mick Harris stuff. one I also like is Painkiller "Ambient"

I have a Relapse double cd called UHF/VHF which is a compilation of electronic/ noise stuff.

When I did a radio show I used to do mixes of noise/music, blending in all kinds of stuff via using almost everything in the studio-- turn tables, cd players, tape player and my voice.
        For instance it is possible to blend Diamanda Galas (almost any), Equimanthorn (any), Bathory (intro), Celtic Frost (Tears in a Prophet's Dream), and movie and voice samples. Most of these are sounds/ music sans percussion or even sans rhythm (having a consistent beat), so it's infinite in possiblities in how you can blend them. Of course you can add music with percussion/ rhythm, but you have to be more mindful in order for it to sound good.

I called them Ultra-psycho mixes and I have one recorded on tape. Maybe I'll put it on mp3 or something, another of my gazillion projects. Hmmm... that would be medium priority I guess.
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

sounds very cool, you'll have to get some stuff up on the net somewhere

I love Diamanda Galas, there is almost nothing her voice won't go with, have you heard the track she did with Recoil "Strange Hours" ? -weird whispery stuff as well as all four of Her octaves. Excellent. :arrow: :arrow:

Comment

No. Haven't heard that one yet.

If only I could listen to music 10+ hours a day.
            Well I could, but i couldn't get much done.

I like to be an active listener. If I'm not actually listening
            to the music, I'd rather pause it or turn it off.
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
            X