Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stooges Record New Album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stooges Record New Album!

It's been 33 years since Raw Power but somehow Iggy and the Asheton brothers with new "kid" Mike Watt on bass are all still alive and kicking hard. Keith Richards 'aint got nuthin' on these former junkie masochists! Iggy even still looks good, in that bad is good sort of way.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

hhhhmmmmm - this has the potential to be either really really really good or really really really tragic....

one can only hope....
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Comment

Well, I wasn't too excited to hear there would be a new NY Dolls album with only two original members and no Thunders, but this doesn't seem the same. All reports of the recent Stooges shows have been that they've been awesome. When the only new "kid" involved is Mike Watt, it really does bode well.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Steve Albini is a cool producer/engineer, too
        Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
        -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Definitely, and I don't think he'd touch it if it was going to suck. Sure he wants to work with Iggy, but not on a crap record.

Comment

It will be ACE.
            RAW POWER was a methamphetamine anthem coherent to the Peace/Love=Anger/Fight transition of the early 70's. I've always considered Search and Destroy & Gimmee Danger to be the birthgiving of punk. It'll be worth $20.00 irregardless of what the reviews say.
            I've still got my original vinyl copy of Raw Power. (and it's beat to ratshit)

Comment

Working...
            X