Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Theremin Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theremin Music

I just found this Clara Rockmore fan page on My Space. It's a handy way to listen to some music played on the original electronic instrument if you haven't already got Clara's album.

I love the theremin, which has been used in some incredible music, probably most famously "Good Vibrations" by Brian Wilson and his band the Beach Boys.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Thanks for posting this, DA! The theremin is an awe inspiring instrument, to say the least. You've reminded me that I need to get the movie-Theremin - An Electronic Odyssey, now that it's been picked up again(it was OOP last I looked). I highly recommend this movie.

Didn't Robert Moog die this year?
    Last edited by Madrigal Rose; 10-03-2006, 08:19 PM.
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Saw a couple of videos of the BBs performing G.V. and it looked as if they were using a Martenot Ondes rather than a Theremin, they're very similar except that the M.O. is probably much easier to control because of the ring-on-a-string controller, cool stuff.
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Madrigal Rose - Yes that movie is wonderful, and yes, sadly Robert Moog did pass on this past year.
        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X