Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jamie Cullum may be the AntiChrist

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Cullum may be the AntiChrist

For those of you not familiar with Jamie Cullum I should perhaps explain that he is a young British “jazz” singer and pianist, whose particular talent involves reducing any song set before him to a warm, sticky mush. He plays the sort of family-filtered Jazz-lite which will play in coffee shops from now until the end of time itself. Normally I wouldn’t waste anyone else’s time ranting about this abysmal man, but I’ve just heard his “interpretation” of Hendrix’s The Wind Cries Mary, and I’ve begun to feel the Fear. If you narrow your ears, it sounds remarkably like Lionel Richie’s Easy, and this may be a sign of the coming apocalypse. You have been warned.

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Yeah, the signs are coming!!!

But fear not, we have much more worst music here in Brazil and the people still says that God is brazilian (and the Pope said that if that's true he was born in Rio de Janeiro - the home of the worst brazilian music: funk - not to be mistaken by the REAL funk music).

For anyone wishing to meet the Devil himself, search KaZaa for "Mc Serginho" and download any of his songs.
    \\

Comment

Thakfully I have not heard that Hendrix "muzak". "Ahhh, my ears, it burns, it burns!!!"
      He may be the spawn of hell, commiting blasphemy through his Hendrix "interpretations".

You just made me start singing "Castles Made of Sand" DeeCrowSeer. I have to put in my cd player now. Thank you.
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

I know just what you mean about Jamie Cullum. I saw him play late last year at a Jeff Buckley Tribute night in London. He was the worst of all the performers, in my opinion. I hasten to add that I went not to hear him or others covering Jeff Buckley numbers.
        I went because Martin Grech was performing, a very talented artist. For those who have not heard Martin's music, I will provide a link to his main fan site. I would be interested to know what you think.
        http://www.openheartzoo.com/

Comment

I know not and like not Jazz music. But I feel that Jamie Cullam is a fake. Jazz should have an edge adult and cool and new orleans, like Blood, and Jamie cullam is like a pop star whos trendy and flavour of the month and namechecked everywere but no one actually likes him or knows him. A red herring to those who would like to get into jazz but are misled by a false trail. Its like he wanted to have a gimmick and the little creep picked wrecking songs and disguising his horriblle sickly wimpy voice with a sub lounge singer style. Like sacarinne rain. He has no jazz soul. 8) I could be wrong...........I dont know thing about jazz.....He makes my skin crawl.

Comment

youre all mad!

shut up you losers. jamie cullums amazing. stop being stupid and enjoy his brilliant talent. god you people...

jc
            x

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher
              I know just what you mean about Jamie Cullum. I saw him play late last year at a Jeff Buckley Tribute night in London. He was the worst of all the performers, in my opinion. I hasten to add that I went not to hear him or others covering Jeff Buckley numbers.
              I went because Martin Grech was performing, a very talented artist. For those who have not heard Martin's music, I will provide a link to his main fan site. I would be interested to know what you think.
              http://www.openheartzoo.com/
              shut up! my god, even Bob Dorough likes him. so do all the jazz artists and critics..you people know nothing.

jc
              x

Comment

Originally posted by yolanda
                He has no jazz soul. 8) I could be wrong...........I dont know thing about jazz.....
                Perfectly placed to pass comment then :P

I happen to like JC and I respect the fact that some of you out there may not but really if you are going to attemp to rip an artist to shreads it helps to have at least a rudimentary knowedge of the subject in question otherwise you end up looking a bit silly.

Moo x

Comment

You sound like the sort of music fans who can't handle real music when you actually hear it. :lol:

For the rest of us who know Jamie Cullum as a talented artist for now and the future and who by the way has got where he has by sheer hard work... we acknowledge your views and will say a quiet prayer that one day you'll wake up and smell the coffee

Comment

Jamie Cullum

What a bunch of sad, pathetic people regular users of THIS Forum are. If you are so narrow minded as to not realise Jamie Cullum is a fresh, new talent on the Jazz scene, I pity you. You really don't have a clue about the modern jazz scene of today, and therefore to comment on it like you have is pretty dumb on your parts.

Comment

What the F---
                      You guys are obviously the sort of people that listen to heavy, loud, ear bashing, head banging non-sensicle music. If your ears hadn't been damaged by the drivel you have been listening to you would be able to hear the talent that's oozing out of Mr Cullum. You ought to take some time out to relax to the sounds of jazz and hear it for the music.

Jimmi Hendrix=Head banging.

Comment

There's no need for you to water down your usage of the word fuck.
                        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                          There's no need for you to water down your usage of the word fuck.

Hehehe,

Never heard JC so I can't speak about him. The only music I don't like is country.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                            Jimmi Hendrix=Head banging.
                            Dude in my day head banging music was Iron Maiden, Dio, Venom, Judas Priest, etc...

Hendrix is far from that. Maybe a few of his tunes are heavy but not "head banging".

Oh well, you are just a troll anyway. Troll on, troll on... :lol:

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Jamie Cullum is the saddest excuse for a musician. He is absolutely talentless. He can't even come up with his own music. Pathetic. And his mindless drone fans are even more pathetic.

Most of the people in the jazz world never heard of him and that's the only good thing I can say about him. Go back to listening to that sorry-ass "music", while "the rest of us" go to a real jazz performance.

JC sucks and the original poster hit a nerve with you. That's all.

Jamie Cullum = No Talent Poser

Comment

Working...
                              X