Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Beachles - Grab it While You Can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beachles - Grab it While You Can!

This is really pretty damn good! Mash-ups of Pet Sounds and Sgt. Peppers with a slightly noisy twist. Surprisingly, the album has stayed up without apparent law suits for a few days, but you know that won't last. Capitol may not want to relive Beatallica, but this is their two biggest selling and most critically acclaimed albums ever after all!
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

To be honest () I'm not familiar with the 'Sgt. Peppers' album, but I do have The Beach Boys, and I enjoyed the first track as a remix of them! Hope the site doesn't go down before I can cram the other tracks through my leaky modem... as it were...

[Edit]

Bugger! It's gone. Damn you EMI!!!

But they wanna sue me big time.
    And for what? For making something? So others would look at them as inhuman monsters, utterly incapable of recognizing art? Or is it just the distribution? Nope… all three. Or so they say. I shouldn’t have even made it, they claim. And they want me to give up people’s IPs. That much I can tell you because of some legal humfuddery I dreamt up, but also (and more importantly) because I have a conscience. After all, would any of you want to be sued for following a link from Entertainment Weekly ? For the record, I never sold a single copy of this piece of art—if it is art. Fair use, in your face, come and get me. You can not take my life, Capitol Recordings. Unless you do. Could happen. I wouldn’t put it past you.
    Last edited by DeeCrowSeer; 09-10-2006, 12:51 AM.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Yeah, you'd think they'd be smart enough to realize that this could have been a major sales promotion for their albums. Instead they seem to want to have the two most influential recordings they ever put out, stop influencing artists to do new things.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Absolutely! As I say, I wasn't familiar with the Beatles album, and it did make me curious to find out where certain parts of the mash-up came from! I'm not sure I'd go so far as to buy Sgt. Pepper just for that, but there's also a ton of reviews to say it's great. This guy's efforts certainly weren't going to put people off buying the albums, because they're classics, and always mentioned on those "Greatest Albums Ever" polls. I did quite enjoy his rant though, and fair play to him for refusing to hand over any information about his site's visitors.

Moloch, whose pants are made from nuisance lawsuits!
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

You were Capitol/EMI's perfect market Dee, and now they've poisoned the well. Send me a private message with your e-mail, and we can work on your little "problem".

Comment

Emule to the rescue!
            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
            X