Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What is everybody playing this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white wolf's son
    replied
    Pietro, Having suffered...er watched the entire video , I can honestly say that if you play that thing in the Moorcock Inn , you're on your own when the bottles and chairs start flying , it was like listening to a really bad school concert.....while sober.....😲😲😲

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    I've been seriously considering acquiring a, xaphoon, or even a, Chalumeau, to fill the gap between tin whistles, practice chanter & my alto-sax. I always feel a bit self-conscious when I get it out and give it a blast, but a single reed instrument to practice on, would be handy. Something a bit smaller to tootle away on, when i'm in the mood.

I might well go for the Chalmeau. It's got a really pleasant mediaeval/baroque thing going.

Leave a comment:

• In_Loos_Ptokai
    started a topic What is everybody playing this year?

What is everybody playing this year?

I thought I'd better kick this topic off by stating that as of the present moment, I am not playing in the local brass band, due to COVID-19 concerns: the band is in recess until it is safe to play together again.

On the other hand, i am trying to learn some rock bass lines on my trusty bass guitar from songs like Queen's Another One Bites the Dust, and am trying to learn Bach on my cello. I'm trying to master the Suzuki Violin Book 1 on my Dobro, because, hey, nobody else have ever done it before, and I'm feeling bored, so why not?!? I'm also trying to keep up my trombone playing, but you know how it is, when the world seems to have halted ...

That's me; what about you?
Working...
X