Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

RATT.. And bands that have some mark(?)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT.. And bands that have some mark(?)..

Do you guys remember this cheesy band.. I'm a guitarist, and I find their material really emotionally compelling when it comes to the guitarists muscianship.
    RATT have always sucked live. But the mix between Robin Crosby (R.I.P.) and Warren D. Martini is to die for. Robins Hendrix-style vs Warrens Van Halen style.

I Like speed & thrash metal. But this duo surely hit the mark. When the parts become the sum of the whole.

Cheers mates!

Originally posted by Theocrat
    Do you guys remember this cheesy band.. I'm a guitarist, and I find their material really emotionally compelling when it comes to the guitarists muscianship.
    RATT have always sucked live. But the mix between Robin Crosby (R.I.P.) and Warren D. Martini is to die for. Robins Hendrix-style vs Warrens Van Halen style.

I Like speed & thrash metal. But this duo surely hit the mark. When the parts become the sum of the whole.

Cheers mates!
    I really dug them, and you're right about their live performances. I saw them in Monsters of Rock '87 in Nurenburg as I recall. That's the year Metallica was playing Ride the Lightning. Wikipedia says they were earlier, so I suspect an error. That was a long time ago.

White Lion and their guitarist had some Halen in it.

Absolute fav has to be Scorpions and all I can say is what great music.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I can get into RATT, but I never bought their albums, I probably would have back when they were new if I had the extra cash,because,I was on a quest for all things metal.

Because I did not hear too much about different bands then, I ended up spending my money on Anthrax,Cinderella,Def Leppard,The Cult(of course),
      and some others,during the hair band days. I later found that I love Iron Maiden.Dio is pretty cool, after all. Other than that,I still stuck with U2 and R.E.M. stuff.

I am finding alot of great songs now,that I missed,and I try to get them on my computer playlist. haha

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

[Dee momentarily regresses back to his adolescence]

I remember a video they did with a chorus line of chicks in white vest, black bob haircuts and gas-masks... that was pretty cool... heh heh heh heh... can't remember the music though...

[Dee slaps himself until normal service is resumed]

Womyn power!!!

(Phew!)
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs
          I really dug them, and you're right about their live performances. I saw them in Monsters of Rock '87 in Nurenburg as I recall. That's the year Metallica was playing Ride the Lightning. Wikipedia says they were earlier, so I suspect an error. That was a long time ago.

White Lion and their guitarist had some Halen in it.

Absolute fav has to be Scorpions and all I can say is what great music.
          Ride The Lightning you say? They released Master Of Puppets '86 as i recall. So surely it must have been that tour?

Scorpions 'where' good, to bad they seem to suck today. I heard a friend who had a brief spell about the band, totally dug them. That is until their reunion, which he gave a total thumbs down on their new style. Thought he said something about it being discotized or something, with rap vocals and stuff(?) Maybe a reanalyses is called for?

Speaking of which. Their seems to be alot of money for bands making a mix of metal and euro-disco. This is a severe threat to metal and hard rock music I think. All of a sudden it's OK for a wifes middle-class husband to listen to metal again. Maybe I'm just prejjy or sumth'n.
          Maybe this topic deserves a new thread?

Comment

Same thing is happening in Reggae
            Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
              Speaking of which. Their seems to be alot of money for bands making a mix of metal and euro-disco. This is a severe threat to metal and hard rock music I think.
              Most metal has always been awful, no? You just have to hunt around for the more underground unpleasant stuff rather than sticking with the commercial sh*t.

Comment

Ha! I saw the title of this thread and flashed back to my misspent high school years. I had a couple of RATT cassettes, and saw them in 1985 (I think) with Bon Jovi as their opening act. I've never seen more harispray!

I'm less embarrassed that I listened to them than most other 80's bands. At least they wrote some pretty good songs so they didn't have to rely solely on image.

Comment

Way back when I thought Ratt and Twisted Sister were it! And around age 12, I thought Loverboy were the greatest band ever! What was I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs
                    Same thing is happening in Reggae
                    Bob Marley must be spinning in his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Savant
                      Way back when I thought Ratt and Twisted Sister were it! And around age 12, I thought Loverboy were the greatest band ever! What was I thinking?
                      I saw Lover Boy, a long time ago, at a concert in Texas called "The superbowl of Rock and roll. They had Ozzy Osbourne opening for them, with Foreigner headlining. Fairly good show, but I thought that Ozzy should have been the headliner, not one of the opening acts.

Comment

Ozzy's Diary of a Madman was the first cassette I ever bought myself. I wore that thing out and gave my mom many a grey hair over it :-)
                        I took a friend to see Aerosmith and he was supposed to take me to Ozzy but the little jerk ended up taking nastyy mean ole charles instead. So to make it up to me was going to take me to BOC but didn't. Pete if you're by chance reading this I still wanna kick your ass !!JERK

Talking about too much hairspray..I remember when the Romantics opened for Heart..their hair stood two feet off the tops of their heads and swayed when they moved. talk about comedy!
                        Last edited by Idiot_Savant; 08-28-2006, 09:34 AM.

Comment

It was on the diary of a madman tour that I saw him the first time. About 2 months after Randy Rhodes had died. Ozzy had Brad Gillis from Night Ranger on guitar.

Comment

I still have yet to see Ozzy live.

Comment

I have seen Ozzy 3 times. Still haven't seen him with Black Sabbath yet.
                              Maybe I'll try to catch Ozzfest this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X