Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night, this great sounding Genesis gig from the 1977 Wind & Wuthering Tour...

https://www.genesis-movement.org/php...ls.php?uid=325

It's from a radio broadcast and has its share of sound glitches, but overall a top quality unofficial release. I downloaded it years ago from the torrent section of the site and it might still be available, but haven't checked.

While perusing the site I did come across this bit of Genesis news. As much of a fan of their music as I am and the news is exciting, I cannot justify the exhorbitant ticket prices that are being charged for this. If this tour is anything like their 1986/1987 Invisible Touch tour, the 1992 We Can't Dance tour and their "final" 2007 Turn It On Again tour the setlist will most likely consist of the usual jukebox hits and not a whole lot of their earlier more progressive numbers, and for 68 pounds to 181 pounds per ticket I want to see more of their earlier songs played. As with a lot of bands that have been around a while, they are also offering a series of VIP packages the prices of which will make most peoples wallets scream and I saw nothing included with those that even come close to justifying the amounts being charged. You mean to tell me the best VIP package at over 760 pounds per ticket doesn't even include some sort of meet and greet? I know its been more than 13 years since you last got together and performed any live gigs, but c'mon guys is it really necessary to stick it to your fans. With these prices I expect a real Genesis reunion with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, but who am I kidding! Anyway, even if they decide to do any gigs in the US, I won't be going to see them perform. I'm happy to enjoy the glory years of this band through the many available recorded live gigs and their offiical releases and will stick with that, or will just go and catch one of Steve Hackett's live shows when he comes to the US. Steve not only continues to tour every year with a new solo release, but he also performs a large number of songs from his days with Genesis on every set. The ticket prices for one of his shows is generally far more reasonable and you get your moneys worth.

Genesis - 2020 Announcement
    After many years of speculation and false rumours, an annoucement of a further reunion has finally happened. This announcement will see the band reforming for a series of live shows for the first time since the "2007 Turn It On Again" tour. The tour line up will include Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Nic Collins (Drums) and Daryl Steurmer. Many will be familiar with Nic (Phil's son) from his drumming on Phil's recent solo "Not Dead Yet" tours.
    While this tour currently focuses solely on dates in the UK and Eire (dates below), it is likely that 2021 will see the tour branch out into Europe and beyond.
    Date Venue
    November 16th 2020 3 Arena, Dublin
    November 17th 2020 3 Arena, Dublin
    November 19th 2020 SSE Arena, Belfast
    November 23th 2020 M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
    November 24th 2020 M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
    November 26th 2020 Utilita Arena, Newcastle
    November 27th 2020 Utilita Arena, Newcastle
    November 29th 2020 The O2, London
    November 30th 2020 The O2, London
    December 2nd 2020 First Direct Arena, Leeds
    December 3rd 2020 First Direct Arena, Leeds
    December 5th 2020 Birmingham Arena, Birmingham
    December 6th 2020 Birmingham Arena, Birmingham
    December 8th 2020 Manchester Arena, Manchester
    December 9th 2020 Manchester Arena, Manchester
    December 11th 2020 SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    December 12th 2020 SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post

Pikey, you are always spinning some great vinyl, thanks for sharing pics!
      Thanks Jack! ... as are you of course!

Meanwhile had a bit of an Ozric Tentacles marathon going on the last couple of days! ... currently on 'The Hidden Step' before lights out!

WP_20170915_12_24_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20140628_009.JPG

It's been cosmic!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Been listening to lots of King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, so much variation in their music. They never fail to surprise me.
        Also enjoying Gojira: The Way of All Flesh and Magma
        I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by Pikey View Post

Thanks Jack! ... as are you of course!

Meanwhile had a bit of an Ozric Tentacles marathon going on the last couple of days! ... currently on 'The Hidden Step' before lights out!

It's been cosmic!!
          WOW What an absolutely amazing collection of spaced out psychedelic goodness...rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by Navigator View Post
            Been listening to lots of King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, so much variation in their music. They never fail to surprise me.
            Also enjoying Gojira: The Way of All Flesh and Magma
            Welcome back Navigator!

Comment

Black Holes and Revelations - Muse

Track 6 - Invincible
              Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
                Black Holes and Revelations - Muse

Track 6 - Invincible
                Wb back bro! Good to seeya back!
                "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Thanking you for the warm welcome Zlogdan. It is good to be back here ( or anywhere given the way things are sliding these days...)

Alain Goraguer - La Planete Sauvage ( Soundtrack for "Fantastic Planet")

Last edited by Kymba334; 04-14-2020, 09:54 AM.
                  Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

WP_20190203_17_08_39_Pro.jpg

Just finishing off the Ozrics with this solo effort from guitarist Ed Wynne! ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

David Bowie - The Next Day
                      Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
                        David Bowie - The Next Day
                        I was just thinking about David Bowie the other day and how its been way too long since I've enjoyed any of his albums. I think I'll get my fix tonight with The Man Who Sold The World.

Comment

The opening title credits song that Hollywood never used -

Spectre by Radiohead

https://youtu.be/o4mIWoLg69Y
                          Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

Fresh in this week , the latest from symphonic rockers Nightwish .. Human Nature!

IMG_20200422_182407518.jpg

Comment

Enjoying a relaxing Friday evening with this classic...

Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman

Think I'll follow it with his Majikat Earth Tour 1976 live album.

Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend everyone...rock on!

Comment

Another piece of soundtrack music from a fairly decent sequel, imho.

Blade Runner 2049 ( Sea Wall ) - Hans Zimmer

https://youtu.be/ipGNuFXubL8
                                Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

Working...
                                X