Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikey View Post

It's a collaboration between Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness ... been on and off since the 80's when they nearly made it 'big'
    Very cool! I'll have to check em out.

"He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Just bought two AC/DC bootlegs and a 3 disc Lynyrd Skynyrd bootleg from a stall in Camden Market.

AC/DC Back To School Day’s (1978 live)
      AC/DC Melbourne 1974 (live)
      Lynyrd Skynyrd
      Chatanooga Choo Choo (live)
      Super Jam 1 1978 (live)
      Capital Theatre, Cardiff for KFBH 1975

All splendid and with some very different and often surprising live performances.

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
        Just bought two AC/DC bootlegs and a 3 disc Lynyrd Skynyrd bootleg from a stall in Camden Market.

AC/DC Back To School Day’s (1978 live)
        AC/DC Melbourne 1974 (live)
        Lynyrd Skynyrd
        Chatanooga Choo Choo (live)
        Super Jam 1 1978 (live)
        Capital Theatre, Cardiff for KFBH 1975

All splendid and with some very different and often surprising live performances.
        Nice finds PV! Bootleg live recordings are always a lot of fun. Where I used to live years ago there was a record store that sold quite a bit of those, practically specialized in em, but ended up eventually getting into trouble with authorities and was forced to close up. I miss that place, but still have a bunch that were bought there.

Today I enjoyed a bit of Frank Zappa with Hot Rats.

Keep on rocking!

Comment

Some unofficially released live Camel...

R-14957464-1584720719-4600.jpeg.jpghttps://www.discogs.com/Camel-The-Last-Flight/release/14957464

R-14957701-1584724395-6680.jpeg.jpghttps://www.discogs.com/Camel-Another-Night/release/14957701

These are two great selections from the now defunct Progressive Rock Remaster Project (PRRP.) Over the years PRRP has done an excellent job of remastering and improving the sound quality of a number of bootleg live recordings from various prog rock bands such as Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, and of course Camel. These recordings have been freely and legally available in lossless format (.flac/.shn) on the internet on various live music trading sites. If I remember correctly I obtained these two from Guitars 101.com a number of years ago and they might still be available there. I highly recommend any of PRRP's releases if you find them...you won't be disappointed!
          Last edited by Jack Of Shadows; 03-21-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Theocracy "As The World Bleeds"
            "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

echolyn "Cowboy Poems Free" ( or my all-time favorite American prog rock band )
              "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
              "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

echolyn "An Every Blossom"

Comment

echolyn "When The Sweet Turns Sour"

Comment

echolyn "I Heard You Listening"

Comment

King Crimson "Starless And Bible Black"/"Three Of A Perfect Pair" expanded
                      Motorhead "Another Perfect Day" Deluxe edition with a live gig recording with Brian Robertson
                      BoC "Cultosaurus Erectus"

Comment

Def Leppard "On Through The Night"

Comment

Just had a blast of this first thing on a Saturday morning, just for the hell of it. Lemmy in acoustic mode. Love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkzbCkZEuQ

Comment

Been playing Big Country quite a bit. For example:

Comment

WP_20171104_23_49_26_Pro.jpg

Some Flower Kings tonight! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pikey View Post

Some Flower Kings tonight! ...
                                Pikey, you are always spinning some great vinyl, thanks for sharing pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X