Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gong being mentioned here on another thread has me itching for some Radio Gnome...starting things off with Flying Teapot and following it up with the rest of the trilogy, Angels Egg and You.
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

In honor of Thingfish
      UFO -Strangers In The Night
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Moved on to

Hawkwind - Live at Nottingham
        Kevin McCabe
        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
          In honor of Thingfish
          UFO -Strangers In The Night
          A very nice way to honor Thingfish!

Last night I took these two gems for a spin...

Yes - Close To The Edge
          King Crimson - Larks Tongues In Aspic

I think Thingfish would have approved ;-)

Tonight I have a bunch on tap to kick off the weekend, starting with...

Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear

By the way this stellar debut album from Marillion is getting a re-issue this April in a super deluxe box set with tons of extra goodies...

http://marillion.com/shop/albums/remast49.htm

Have a rocking great weekend everyone! :-)

Comment

Steeleye Span. I used to listen to them back in the seventies and rediscovered Maddy Prior in the early naughties because she had been doing recordings of Christmas Carols with a band called The Carnival Band. Steeleye Span had done some good stuff around that time. Since then they have added a lot of new members including some youngsters and revitalised again and have moved towards a heavier rock sound. A few years ago they did a concept album based on Terry Pratchett's Wintersmith and other books in that series; this was at Sir Terry's request and he appears briefly himself.

Comment

I’ve been consuming Hawkwind like it was on special offer in a hashish den. I just finished Palace Spring and I’m starting California Brainstorm
              Kevin McCabe

Comment

You can never overdose on Hawkwind Kevin!

Yesterday I put on Novella from Renaissance which I haven't listened to in years. Brilliant symphonic prog rock splendor and Annie Haslam's vocal is so beautiful.

I finally replaced an old worn out pair of headphones today and broke them in with one of the discs from King Crimson's Starless box set. I chose disc 12 live at the Stadttheater in Augsburg, Germany 3/27/1974. It's a stellar sounding live recording from my all time favorite lineup of the Crims and it sounded even more incredible in the new headphones, there were many moments when you felt as if you were actually at the concert.

Comment

743D7387-E277-4684-8498-C31CEC88632E.jpeg
                  Yesterday I put on Novella from Renaissance which I haven't listened to in years. Brilliant symphonic prog rock splendor and Annie Haslam's vocal is so beautiful.
                  I’m a big Renaissance fan. For me, Novella is the last of their great albums. But, then, I’m very fond of Betty Thatcher’s lyrics. Can You Hear Me is incredible.

Still a slave to the hawks

Kevin McCabe

Comment

My boss recommended a guy called Gary Clark Jr who’s currently a Thing in the US.

He caused a stir recently by publishing a song called This Land which is a visceral take on the racism he suffered from locals when he bought a farm and moved his family in.

His most recent album, also called This Land, is very good but his earlier ones, especially Blak and Blu, are excellent. He’s from Austin, Texas and there’s a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan in him.
                    Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

Psychotic Waltz has released a new album today called "The God-Shaped Void". For those who don't know the band, I would say that it is the same, within the prog metal context, as if Gentle Giant released a new album. Their last album before the current one, Bleeding, was released in 1996. Psychotic Waltz unlike most of prog metal bands is a dark, moody, slow-paced sometimes, heavily odd signature-based, atmospheric, heavy and kind of spiritual.

Their official web site, http://psychoticwaltz.com/, has been maintained active all these years by their guitar mastermind Dan Rock, who is the half part of a very complex guitar interplay accompanying Brian McAlpin.

Their come back is as amazing as the return of the singer John Arch, my favorite living singer, of Fates Warning and Arch Matheos.

Great day.
                      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Manilla Road "Roadkill tapes and rarities".
                        "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                        "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Just chiming in with some Spocks Beard ... Snow!

Spocks-Beard-Snow-740x740.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

3D68D487-2F7C-40D5-A24C-3C7F3E2E3C0F.jpeg
                            Kevin McCabe

Comment

Johansson Brothers- Sonic Winter expanded edition
                              If you don't know the brothers Anders and Jens, they are two Swedish musicians which have been played as guest musicians, band members and session musicians in many many bands in the last 30 years. Anders is a drummer and Jens is a keyboardist. Their skills range from Purple-ish/Rainbow Hard Rock to jazz fusion ( they have an album with Allan Holdsworth ) and neoclassical metal.
                              Sonic Winter lies between Purple, Rainbow, Malmsteen and Prog Rock. The good thing is I paid 1,5 dollars for the album on google play music store. I bought another of their albums as well.

Comment

Rainbow "Difficult To Cure"

Comment

Working...
                                X