Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Purple "Concerto For Group And Orchestra"
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Renaissance- Ashes are Burning
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
        Gentle Giant "Playing The Fool"
        Kansas "Leftoverture"
        I don't have that Gentle Giant album yet, but have a couple of live recordings from that tour where they play a number of those songs from the album. It's one I'll have to add to my want list.
        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
          Renaissance- Ashes are Burning
          Ashes Are Burning is a great Renaissance album! Another one that goes along nicely with it is their Live At De Lane Lea Studios 1973 release. Most of the tracks are from Ashes Are Burning and guest artists include Andy Powell from Wishbone Ash and singer/songwriter Al Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post

I don't have that Gentle Giant album yet, but have a couple of live recordings from that tour where they play a number of those songs from the album. It's one I'll have to add to my want list.
            I had the LP. I have just bought it from Google play music store for 3 dollars ( 320 kbps ). It is one of the best ( if not the best ) live albums ever. Gentle Giant as many bands had to arrange their songs for playing live but this for GG is a more complicated task as it involves musicians singing multipart harmonies, playing different instruments, etc. If you could get it, I advise to buy the LP.
            "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

I had the LP. I have just bought it from Google play music store for 3 dollars ( 320 kbps ). It is one of the best ( if not the best ) live albums ever. Gentle Giant as many bands had to arrange their songs for playing live but this for GG is a more complicated task as it involves musicians singing multipart harmonies, playing different instruments, etc. If you could get it, I advise to buy the LP.
              I'll have to keep my eye out for the LP in my travels...thanks!

Comment

Deep Purple Machine Head

I have become a BIG ( literally too hahahah ) Deep Purple fan over the years ( after turning 40 )

fetch?photoid=427232.jpg

Comment

Thanks JoS! Stewart is another favorite of mine!
                  Next up,
                  Jefferson Airplane - 2400 Fulton
                  Kevin McCabe
                  The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Deep Purple Machine Head

I have become a BIG ( literally too hahahah ) Deep Purple fan over the years ( after turning 40 )
                    Very cool shirt!

Comment

Thanks JoS! Stewart is another favorite of mine!
                      Next up,
                      Jefferson Airplane - 2400 Fulton
                      I have a bunch of Jefferson Airplane, but not that one. Its been a while since I've listened to any, so I think I'll pop on one of their live albums later. Bless Its Pointed Little Head is in the rotation!

Comment

Excellent choice! 2400 is a compilation, but a very good one. Bless It’s Pointed Little Head is a fantastic live album. I drove down to Big Sur last summer. Spent three days at an old school hippie hostel in San Francisco. Made the pilgrimage to 2400 Fulton
                        Kevin McCabe

Comment

Sorry, spaced out on the Airplane and forgot -
                          Aaron Diehl Trio - Philip Glass Piano Etude No. 16
                          Kevin McCabe

Comment

Excellent choice! 2400 is a compilation, but a very good one. Bless It’s Pointed Little Head is a fantastic live album. I drove down to Big Sur last summer. Spent three days at an old school hippie hostel in San Francisco. Made the pilgrimage to 2400 Fulton
                            Way cool that sounds like an awesome and wild trip!

After the Airplane, spent the rest of the evening sipping scotch and enjoying these two obscure gems...

Can - Soundtracks
                            Clark Hutchinson - Retribution

Today, I've pulled out some Billy Cobham starting with Spectrum...rock on everyone!

Comment

Well, now I’ll have to find some Can! In the meantime

Yes - Relayer
                              Kevin McCabe

Comment

Well, now I’ll have to find some Can! In the meantime

Yes - Relayer
                                Relayer is a killer Yes album! Currently...

Van Der Graaf Generator - Trisector

Comment

Working...
                                X