Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zappa:
    Overnite Sensation, Apostrophe, Cheap Thrills, Sleep Dirt.....

Been working on a project car, a little guilty pleasure of mine. For some reason I love listening to Zappa when tinkering on vehicles. Maybe it is because the greasy residue that Frank leaves on my mind is a lot like the grease on my hands😀. There is something so visceral about his lyrics and guitar, and simultaneously something so beautiful and uplifting in the compositions. I just love the man. He was certainly one of a kind.
    I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

• Originally posted by Navigator View Post
      Zappa:
      Overnite Sensation, Apostrophe, Cheap Thrills, Sleep Dirt.....

Been working on a project car, a little guilty pleasure of mine. For some reason I love listening to Zappa when tinkering on vehicles. Maybe it is because the greasy residue that Frank leaves on my mind is a lot like the grease on my hands😀. There is something so visceral about his lyrics and guitar, and simultaneously something so beautiful and uplifting in the compositions. I just love the man. He was certainly one of a kind.
      Yeah Frank Zappa's music is always a great choice, he was a musical genius! Don't forget a little Joe's Garage during your car project.
      "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
        Yeah Frank Zappa's music is always a great choice, he was a musical genius! Don't forget a little Joe's Garage during your car project.

Oh hell why not!? - Good call Jack!🙂

Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage

Track 17. Packard Goose

https://youtu.be/xsFzHpBlugs?list=PL...-g6CbPEBJOyjTr

Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• I love all of the Zappa! But I came here to unburden myself of the ear worm that is Radiohead’s House if Cards. I heard it two days ago and that beat has been in my head since then.

Comment

• John Lennon would have turned eighty today, had he lived.

The Beatles - The White Album

Track 28. Cry Baby Cry

https://youtu.be/Lb6TyIIb1fI?list=OL...qWIONOpdRfWlWw
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• New BOC album The Symbol Remains. This is some awesome music. It is what I hoped for but didn’t expect. It is so nice to hear that Eric and Buck have still got it. They still rock!!!

I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

• I thought Curse of the Hidden Mirror was an excellent album: BOC are not a band to rest on (some quite considerable) laurels.

Comment

• Great selection of music everyone! I've been spending a rather dreary day (remnants of Delta approaching) here enjoying two albums I haven't listened to for quite some time...

Peter Banks - The Two Sides Of Peter Banks
                  Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water

Stellar prog rock recordings from two talented musicians that help make Yes great. I think I'll carry on with more solo material from Yes members with some Rick Wakeman next. Keep on rocking everyone!
                  "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
                  'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                    I thought Curse of the Hidden Mirror was an excellent album: BOC are not a band to rest on (some quite considerable) laurels.
                    I was rather pleasantly surprised by some of the material, especially the opening song, on Heaven Forbid. I think it also helped that both albums saw BOC collaborating with William Gibson's old buddy, John Shirley.

So far, the new The Symbol Remains material hasn't been calling much to me. My daughter and I sat down to watch and listen to Tainted Blood, but the chorus reminded us both of Ghost's Danse Macabre. So, when the song ended we ended up listening to Ghost instead of BOC.

Of the tracks I've heard, I think That Was Me is my favourite--and not just because Albert Bouchard shows up to joyously bang a cowbell.

Comment

• As much Bach as I can wrap my head around. And Dire Straits and The Police, and The Beatles ...
                      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                      And incense the power of man with God
                      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                      by Peter Cape

Comment

• Leonard Cohen - The Future

Track 5. Anthem

https://youtu.be/mkWmh6KJAXY?list=OL...FAK9Q_NyPVI_yo
                        Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

So far, the new The Symbol Remains material hasn't been calling much to me. My daughter and I sat down to watch and listen to Tainted Blood, but the chorus reminded us both of Ghost's Danse Macabre. So, when the song ended we ended up listening to Ghost instead of BOC.

Of the tracks I've heard, I think That Was Me is my favourite--and not just because Albert Bouchard shows up to joyously bang a cowbell.
                          Sadly, I rather agree at the moment. Seems to be an album filled with filler. I felt it was like hearing an excellent pub band - fun vibe but no real memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                            Sadly, I rather agree at the moment. Seems to be an album filled with filler. I felt it was like hearing an excellent pub band - fun vibe but no real memories.
                            Yeah. I'd say it's recognizably BOC, or an incarnation of a certain configuration of them, but it's just overshadowed by previous configurations, in many cases vastly overshadowed. My hot-take thought is that spending time listening to the latest BOC is time taken from listening to Spectres (or your favourite of choice).

Comment

• I am listening to Spirits Burning & Michael Moorcock The Hollow Lands.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Just got a copy of, 'Exile on Main Street,' to replace the one I sold back in the Early Eighties. Now listening to the first side of, 'Broken English.'

Comment

Working...
                                X