Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Ozric Tentacles: Spirals in Hyperspace with my son. Ed never fails to impress me. So much atmosphere. Love these guys.
    I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

• Navigator has me intrigued. I may have to do some YouTube searches...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
        Navigator has me intrigued. I may have to do some YouTube searches...
        You should check them out, they are brilliant!
        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Kids blew up my receiver so I haven't been able to listen to specifics from my collection for a few months; instead, I've been shuffling stations on Pandora. Mostly 90's alternative and 60's/70's rock (Who, Stones, Zepplin, etc.). I've really been on a Who kick the past few years, filling out my collection and knowledge of their deeper catalog but really, nothing can top Who's Next and Quadrophenia if you ask me. Thinking I may dig in deeper to Zepplin next as I only know their overplayed mainstays which, while good listening, don't encourage me to move or sing like the Who does.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• really, nothing can top Who's Next and Quadrophenia if you ask me.
            I'm not in the mood to argue against the artistic merits of those albums EverKing, so instead i'll go with the one in my own collection :

Who's Next

Track 1. Baba O Riley

https://youtu.be/bhdllX-u89E?list=PL085FFD0FB0D1DC25
            Last edited by Kymba334; 09-02-2020, 05:57 AM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Currently listening to some Gun and reminiscing about one of their gigs in Manchester. It was a total blast but that's not really why I remember it so fondly. Being of a Scottish persuasion myself, the norm is not to make an issue of it. You don't really find Scottish bars abroad (the Auld Alliance in Paris is a great exception to the rule) or scottish ghettos/areas or the like. Chances are in a room of folks anywhere, there's a Scot in there somewhere. Quietly watching. But back to this gig in Manchester. Well, here we were in Englandshire and yet, listening to the voices around me, I knew fine well I was with my kinsmen. And we were rocking!

Comment

• Time traveled in my headphones back to the 80's this evening with...

Roxy Music - Avalon
                King Crimson - Beat
                Laurie Anderson - Mr. Heartbreak

Rock on everyone!

Comment

• Shifting gears today to the 1970's with some back to back Gabriel era Genesis. Digging through years of collected unofficial live recordings, I decided on these three amazing sounding performances during their Selling England By The Pound tour from The Roxy Theater in Hollywood, CA. that I haven't listened to in quite a while...

Third Show LA 73 (front).jpgProgW09%28book%29.jpgRoxy Front.jpg

For those interested these are probably all still available for free and legal download on The Genesis Movement website...

https://www.genesis-movement.org/php...r.php?tourid=5

You have to sign up (no charge) to the torrent section of the website located under interactive to download any of the listed gigs that are available.

Comment

• Right now (amongst other things), I'm listening to Hawkwind's DORE MI FASOL LATIDO.
                    DoReMi_00.jpg

Comment

• In keeping with my theme and inspired by Rick Beato (https://youtu.be/M7a4t0U4MCM), currently listening to:

Quadrophenia_%28album%29.jpg
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Portugal. The Man - It's Complicated Being A Wizard

https://youtu.be/2dQLPdy4Kzo
                        Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• Excellent Album of Bob Dylan covers

Comment

• Saturday morning with King Crimson, beginning with the 6 disc boxset of their stellar debut album In The Court Of The Crimson King.

R-2053798-1268740785.jpeg.jpg

A fantastic collection of original recordings, re-mixes, remasters, alternate takes, demos and live material from the band. I always thought this collection of their 1969 debut was definitive and covered everything available from this album until they recently topped themselves (over-the-topped themselves) with a brand new 26 disc boxset that will be released on October 23rd. It's expensive, but a very tempting pre-order...

https://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-c...ngs-p1863.aspx

Have a great weekend everyone...rock on!

Comment

• Nick Drake - Pink Moon

https://youtu.be/irq959oNVww?list=OL...GKUZZWGej3QK98
                              Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• The Birds Sweetheart of the Rodeo. I first listened to this in the eighties and could not see why it was called country rock since it just sounded country to me. Now after listening to a lot more country music it sounds very fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X