Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What music are you listening in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music are you listening in 2020?

Original thread
    https://www.multiverse.org/forum/the...086#post427086

Deep Purple Made In Japan
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Deep Purple Fireball Remaster
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Wow. I love Deep Purple. As a teenager it was my absolut favorite band. Fireball is my favorite album.

Comment

I listen to the album Nocny Patrol by the polish band Manaam. I especialy love the song Krakowski Spleen. It is an album from the eighties. I discoverd it because Krakowski Spleen was featured in a polish film I watched last year.

I also listen to the Bad Boys Score by Mark Mancina. Very heroic and funny at the same time.

Comment

Gentle Giant: Octopus/Free Hand

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
            Gentle Giant: Octopus/Free Hand
            Two fantastic Gentle Giant albums! I saw this today in a store for only $7 and have to get it...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-...lease/13289554

Looks like a cool compilation from some great prog artists.
            "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
            'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
              Kevin McCabe
              The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post

Two fantastic Gentle Giant albums! I saw this today in a store for only $7 and have to get it...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-...lease/13289554

Looks like a cool compilation from some great prog artists.
                Jack, I have seen some of these "Many Faces" , notably all related to some of my faves ( Priest, Purple, Motorhead etc ) , collection but it is the first one I would buy, specially because of the stelar musicians. 7 dollars is a great deal. Usually these are priced 15 or 20 dollars here in Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post

Jack, I have seen some of these "Many Faces" , notably all related to some of my faves ( Priest, Purple, Motorhead etc ) , collection but it is the first one I would buy, specially because of the stelar musicians. 7 dollars is a great deal. Usually these are priced 15 or 20 dollars here in Brazil.
                  Picked it up today for just under $7 and just finished listening to it. Fantastic! One of the best tribute compilations I've listened to in a while. Disc one is "Dark Side Of The Moon" in its entirety with Adrian Belew, Alan White, Robbie Krieger, Gary Green, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Edgar Winter, Bill Bruford, Tony Levin, Dweezil Zappa, John Wetton, Robben Ford, Steve Porcaro, Aynsley Dunbar, Geoff Downes, Peter Banks and Tony Kaye. All the tracks were recorded at different times, but put together in order and beautifully remastered. Disc two features primarily songs from "The Wall" but also includes several tracks from other albums that fills up the 74 minutes of the disc. A number of the same artists that are on disc one are on this disc including Keith Emerson, Ian Anderson, Steve Morse, Fee Waybill, Glenn Hughes, Elliot Easton, Tommy Shaw, Steve Lukather, Chris Squire, Derek Sherinian, Psychic TV and Nik Turner. The third and final disc is interesting as it is mostly tracks by artists that have worked with Pink Floyd over the years: Snowy White, Dick Parry, Clare Torry and Peter Wood. It also includes a few covers of early Floyd songs by The Chemistry Set, SS-20 and The Green Telescope, a couple of numbers by Pink Anderson and Floyd Council (the blues musicians that inspired the name of the band) and a short but entertaining interview by producer and musician Norman "Hurricane" Smith, who also has two of his songs on the disc. This collection is amazing and an absolute must have for anyone who enjoys Pink Floyd and progressive rock music!

Comment

Yesterday I kicked back and enjoyed two debut albums by a couple of my favorite progressive rock artists...

Yes and Greenslade

Comment

Quite like listening to Jean Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Some Hawkmoon.
                      Various Kraut rock musicians,
                      I like exploring early Synth musicians from the 60s and 70s too.

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post
                        Quite like listening to Jean Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Some Hawkmoon.
                        Various Kraut rock musicians,
                        I like exploring early Synth musicians from the 60s and 70s too.
                        Jean Michel Jarre's "Equinoxe" is superb and I really enjoy Oldfield's "Ommadawn" and "Hergest Ridge". There is a phenomenal 1981 live performance of Mike Oldfield from Montreaux that was released on DVD that you should check out if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post

Jean Michel Jarre's "Equinoxe" is superb and I really enjoy Oldfield's "Ommadawn" and "Hergest Ridge". There is a phenomenal 1981 live performance of Mike Oldfield from Montreaux that was released on DVD that you should check out if you haven't already.
                          Yeah love those Albums too.
                          I really took a shine to Mike Oldfield's "QE2" album, a sort of folk music Album.
                          I'll have a look for the 1981 live performance recording thanks. :)

Comment

Gentle Giant "Playing The Fool"
                            Kansas "Leftoverture"

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post

Yeah love those Albums too.
                              I really took a shine to Mike Oldfield's "QE2" album, a sort of folk music Album.
                              I'll have a look for the 1981 live performance recording thanks. :)
                              Cool! I'll definitely have to check out "QE2" it's an album I haven't heard yet. Thanks! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X