Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Are You Listening To Right Now? Part 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Listening To Right Now? Part 2

"Beachy Head" by Throbbing Gristle playing on http://www.dr-yo.com

Anyone know which record this is off of? It's really great, pretty mellow for TG.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits, off the Alchemy live record. I just got this on vinyl yesterday from a charity shop, among several other records, and its great!

Comment

Porcupine Rain - Mostly Autumn
      Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
        "Beachy Head" by Throbbing Gristle... Anyone know which record this is off of? It's really great, pretty mellow for TG.
        According to Tower "song search" (a very useful thing, although obviously other CD vendors are available):

"20 Jazz Funk Greats (Throbbing Gristle Bring You...)"

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1200405

(Dig the sound clippy goodness)

I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but I've found recently that the Scissor Sisters album makes excellent drawing music. Hurrah! I currently have Return To Oz looping in my head. The line about the Queen gives me a chill everytime I hear it, for some reason. It's a very creepy song.

[Silly Dee, does one good deed and then spoils it by talking too much]
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Not so much a track but I'm currently listening to Alabama 3 jamming. I went to see them last week and the gig was fantastic.

Comment

Deftones- RX Queen

Comment

"Right Angles Remix" by Thievery Corporation from Om Lounge
              My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

A wackload of Propaganda, forgot just how good the production was.

Comment

PJ Harvey- Missed

Comment

A group called Eyes Like Mars from Seattle that a friend who helped with the recording sent me. I guess I'd call this sparse experimental pop/jazz (?) with nice female vocals. The track playing is the first on this cd Act III, iv. called "Undercover". Pretty good stuff actually.

Comment

Therion, "Cults of the Shadow"

-- from Sweden, they recently toured the US for the first time ever. Their tour pivoted around a heralded performance at ProgPower USA, which I sponsored. They were the runaway surprise hit of the 10-band, 2-day fest. :D

Comment

Letter to the President - Tupac Shakur.

Comment

Comfortably numb - Pink floyd, Self Esteem - The Offspring, Die, die my darling - Metallica Goodbye to Romance - Ozzy Osbourne, Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi
                          Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

"Occult Vibrations" by Lungfish from Necrophones, off the MP3 of my radio show.

Comment

Nightwish, "The Phantom of the Opera" from Century Child

The band's firing of their operatic lead singer this past week made front-page news in their native Finland; they're BIG over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X