Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What song does it for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What song does it for you?

Seen this topic on other boards. So what song/s gets you singing at the top your lungs or taping your footsies or even balling your eyes out?

Billy Joel's We didn't start the fire always gets me bouncing around the room and singing at the top of my lungs

The Clash - Straight To Hell and also The Dead Pets Dreams For A Crook

Comment

As Above So Below by Behemoth
      Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

I Savant Wrote
        Billy Joel's We didn't start the fire always gets me bouncing around the room and singing at the top of my lungs
        Make sure the safety's on Savant.
        Moonglum off of Live Chronicles m'dear.
        Moonglum and Elric...dadadada...deedeeedeee..

Comment

NIN's Wish- always makes me want to go charging up a hill.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
            NIN's Wish- always makes me want to go charging up a hill.
            Broken is a great record.

The last song that I listened to that made me want to jump up and down like an idiot was probably Wake by Godflesh.

Comment

For 'bawlin' my eyes out,' Motِrhead's '1916' works.

For the 'Howl Along With . . .' Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' is good.

Anything by Motِrhead (remember: Lemmy took the Speed, so you wouldn't have to!)

Hawkwind's Version 2 of 'Motorhead,' sung by Dave Brock, works every time.
              Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Moonglum for me too! I love the Hawkwind version of course, but the version I have by The Assassins Of Silence is really good too (and Huw is playing on it!)

Ken
                Ken Boorman
                Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

I forgot one! Fuoco nel Fuoco by Eros Ramazzotti gets me going everytime
                  boy is it ever hot in here

Comment

Originally posted by Mespheber
                    As Above So Below by Behemoth

I recently discovered -- by reading the album liner notes, wow, imagine that! -- that their song "The Reign of Shemsu-Hor" was directly based on a book by a British friend o' mine, Andrew Collins.

Lyrically I'm always blown away by Rush's "Territories" or Dream Theater's "Learning To Live"

Performance-wise I'd say I was most blown away recently by either Therion's "The Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah" or Cradle of Filth's "Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids"

Comment

New Model Army-Green and Grey does it every time for me
                      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Screaming at the top of my lungs

Led Zeppelin - The Immigrant Song does it every time. Indeed, I'm pretty sure the neighbors are pretty tired of hearing me bellow "HAMMER OF THE GODS"
                        Kevin McCabe
                        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Barabajagal by Donovan, Telstar by the Tornados, Have I the Right by the Honeycombs, Laugh Laugh by the Beau Brummels, Shapes of Things by the Yardbirds, I Ain't Never by Webb Pierce, Hello Goodbye by the Beatles, It Suits Me Well by Sandy Denny, Train Kept A'Rollin by Johnny Burnette and the Rock & Roll Trio, Snaggle Tooth Ann by Gene Norman, A Lover's Question by Clyde McPhatter, Walkin' My Cat Named Dog by Norma Tanega, Omaha by Moby Grape...all to about the same extent though some in different directions.

Almost forgot, Sally Go 'round the Roses by the Jaynetts, He Was Really Sayin' Something by the Velvelettes, I Got Loaded by Little Bob & the Lollipops, Smackeroo by NRBQ, and !!!!Porgy by Nina Simone!!!!
                          Last edited by Talisant; 04-30-2008, 01:30 AM. Reason: almost forgot
                          "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Song that gets my blood pumping is "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead.

I also like "Sleep of A Thousand Tears" by Hawkwind off 'Chronicle of the Black Sword". Makes me play air guitar and tap in time.

Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

Not easy that
                              Kevins choice reminds me of the chorus on Celebration Day by Zeppelin which i always love to belt out
                              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X