Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Love's Arthur Lee R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love's Arthur Lee R.I.P.

It looks like Love's Arthur Lee has finally lost his battle with Leukemia. His passing the same month as Syd Barrett is certainly a big double loss for psych rock fans the world over. In Arthur's case he stayed with the music to the end.
    Last edited by Dead-Air; 08-04-2006, 11:15 PM.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Another one gone. I must confess, I have never given Arthur Lee's music the attention it deserves, but he seems to have been one of the authentic voices of the psychedelic era.
    Last edited by Mikey_C; 08-14-2006, 08:51 AM.
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Yes, Forever Changes is an awesome album, and in fact Rolling Stone quite recently listed it as the 40th best album of all time. Given that the 39 above it all probably sold ten times as many copies, that's a pretty big accomplishment. Let alone being the most successful black man in psychedelic rock who wasn't Jimi Hendrix.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Found some cool LOVE video on youtube today, Mr. Lee was quite a talent.
        "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Working...
        X