Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Special 4th of July No Skinny Ties 5-6 PM on KPSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special 4th of July No Skinny Ties 5-6 PM on KPSU

From 5-6 PM Pacific Time (or 8-9 PM on the East Coast where the Declaration of Independence was actually signed!) on 7/4/2006, I'll be reprising the No Skinny Ties program of post-punk, no wave, and proto-indie rock from the 1980s for a one time Independence Day Blowout with your host Ricardo Wang!

STREAMING AUDIO FIREWORKS HERE: http://www.kpsu.org

or on the Good Old Fashioned Radio:

1450 AM Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
    98.3 FM Portland State University campus

No Skinny Ties ran on alternating weeks on KAOS FM in Olympia from 1995-2003 and featured underground rock and independent noise from the 1980s and occasionally before. This one hour broadcast will feature some of the best of that timed to fit while you fire up the barbeque this July 4th. Of course we'll focus on American bands given the holiday, so expect bursts of sonic freedom from the likes of the Wipers, X, Sonic Youth, Steve Fisk, the Melvins, the Minutemen, Mission of Burma, Pere Ubu, U-men and more.

Tune in or move to Russia dammit!
    Last edited by Dead-Air; 07-04-2006, 12:32 PM.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

OH YEAH

Comment

Requesting a shout out!
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Shout Out gauranteed!
        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I'm going to hang out in the chat: http://www.multiverse.org/?q=chat

Comment

On NOW! http://www.kpsu.org

Comment

Thanks for the shout out DJ!

Comment

that sounds like a good song on there now. :)

will the shout out be repeated?, I just missed it. :o

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

That's it for our DJ- sorry.
                  I also tuned in late- but just in time for the shout out.

Took me quite a while just to get my radio up and running - had to jiggle the tubes around a bit- should clean those connectors!
                  Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                  -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                    That's it for our DJ- sorry.
                    I also tuned in late- but just in time for the shout out.

Took me quite a while just to get my radio up and running - had to jiggle the tubes around a bit- should clean those connectors!

ah, ok, no problem, I'll listen earlier some time. :)

thanks!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Well, this particular show isn't a regular gig, but the playlist has a link to an MP3 Download so you can still catch up!

Playlist for No Skinny Ties with your host Ricardo Wang
                      Tuesday, 7/4/2006 from 5 to 6 PM Pacific Time

YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE PROGRAM AS AN MP3 NOW:

http://131.252.78.131:8080/node/4131

(the Program title will read The Church of Blasphuphmus (Not Jesus) Show for the next couple days, but will be fixed to reflect this show. Go ahead and download it in the meantime!)

1450 AM Porltand OR/Vancouver WA metro area
                      98.3 FM Portland State University campus

During the program I spoke about the Michael Moorcock internet bulletin board. The URL for that board is, and you really should check it out if you're into Moorcock, Hawkwind, or critical discourse with interesting chaps and chapettes:

http://www.multiverse.org

Artist - Song or Track - Album - Pimp

Butthole Surfers - "American Woman" - Locust Abortion Technicians - Touch and Go
                      Pere Ubu - "West Side Story" - Song of the Bailing Man - DGC
                      Chrome - "Future Ghosts" - Flashback - Cleopatra
                      Sonic Youth - "Ghost Bitch Bad Moon Rising Homestead
                      The Residents - "The Baby King Part 3" -The King and I - Enigma
                      The Residents - "Little Sister" - The King and I - Enigma
                      The Adolescents - "Suburban Home" - Milo Goes to College - SST
                      Steve Fisk - "Untitled" - Sub Pop 200 - Sub Pop
                      Violent Femmes- "Hallowed Ground - Hallowed Ground - Slash
                      Lou Reed - "Metal Mahine Music track 3 (edit)" - Metal Machine Music - RCA
                      Mudhoney - "No One Has" - Superfuzz Bigmuff - Sub Pop
                      The Replacements - "Something to Du" - Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash - Twin Tone
                      Richard Hell & the Voidoids - "Love Comes in Spurts" - Blank Generation - Elektra
                      Flipper - "The Way of the World" - Generic Flipper - Def American
                      Jad Fair & Daniel Johnston - "It's Spooky" - It's Spooky - Paperhouse
                      Melvins- "At a Crawl" - 10 Songs - C/Z

Comment

very cool download! :)

very nice shout out. ;)

love them Violent Femmes!

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                        X