Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Zoot Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoot Money

Was browsing through a book this morning called London Live about all the old rock venues in London from the 50s onwards and Zoot Money gets a mention along with a host of other artists. I've never heard any of Zoot's music, though of course he's one of Mike's favourites. I'd completely forgotten that Andy Summers of Police fame was a member of the band and that the Big Roll Band became psychedelic band Dantalian's Chariot (see bio section of Zoot's site). Any fans out there, apart from Mike?

There are some sample downloads you can make from the site, although if you have dial-up like me they take a while.

p.s. didn't the club Klook's Kleek (see the Live At Klook's Kleek album) get a mention in one of the Cornelius books somewhere?
    Last edited by Marca; 06-17-2006, 04:26 AM.
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

R&B fans went to Klooks Kleek, Eel Pie Island, The Railway Arms (W. Hampstead) and to The Flamingo, Wardour St. At the Flamingo on any given night you might have Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames on stage, with most of the Small Faces, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Burden, Zoot Money, Bill Wyman and a host of others, including myself and Lang Jones at the bar. They were great days in the mid-1960s. A very demanding audience, though. At least one famous American band which didn't perform very well was booed off the stage. Zoot remains one of the most admired keyboard players amongst his fellow musicians, though in recent years he's done more acting than playing. I think you'll find there are a couple of albums available at Amazon uk. Or were the last time I looked.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ah Mike, glad you found this. I'm quite intrigued by Zoot and must check one of his albums out some time. Really wish I'd been there in the mid-60s to experience all that stuff first hand. I envy you
      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Working...
      X