Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What's This Called? Version 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU
    for Saturday, November 11th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time

DOWNLOAD AS AN MP3 OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

1450 AMin the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
    98.3 FM on Portland State University Campus

Artist - Song/Track - Album - Recording Label

Sonic Youth - "Lee is Free" - Confusion is Sex - SST
    Pere Ubu - "Texas Overture" - Why I Hate Women - Smog Veil
    Edward Ka-Spel - "History Book" - Eyes! China Doll - Beta-Lactam Ring
    Jackie-O Motherfucker - "Fantasy Hay Coop" - U-Sound Archive Vol. 7 - U-Sound
    Childhood Friends - "Green-Eyed Monster" - Forest Friends Liberation Army - indie
    BCO Women's Auxiliary - "Dronebone" - Women Take Back the Noise - Ubuibi
    Boards of Canada - "Dayvan Cowboy (Odd Nosdam Remix)" - Trans Canada Highway - Warp
    Birch Book - "Diaspora" - Fortune & Folly - Helmet Room
    Green Milk from the Planet Orange - "KillMeKillMeKillMe" - You Take Me to the World - Beta-Lactam Ring
    Christian Marclay & Otomo Yoshide - "Blood Eddy" - Moving Parts - Asphodel
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU
      for Saturday, November 11, 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time
      (that's 9-10 PM in Luanda, Angola!)

STREAMING AUDIO SURGE HERE!

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
      98.3 FM for those lucky few on Portland State University campus

This week, I'll be spinning a couple tracks from an exceptional compilation of Portland experimental musicians called Oregone on an emerging recording label of the same name. This exciting anthology was sent to me in the mail by one of the groups on it, Shalloboi (since relocated to Chicago) along with several albums of their shoe-gazing post-rock drones. So I'm playing tracks by other artists from the comp and something from one of Shalloboi's actual albums. Quite hard to choose, actually.

That and plenty more experimental, eclectic, post-punk, post-rock, drone, noise, and beauty of course!
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Streaming Here in 10 Minutes!

Comment

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang onKPSU for Saturday, November 11th, 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time

DOWNLOAD PROGRAM AS MP3 OR PLAY AUDIO STREAM HERE!

1450 AM
          in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
          98.3 FM on the Portland State University campus

Tonehenge - "Mount Pleasant" - Oregone - Oregone
          Childhood Friends - "Digitalis" - Forest Friends Liberation Army - indie
          Pere Ubu - "Synth Farm" - Why I Hate Women - Smog Veil
          Wolf Eyes - "Rusted Mange" - Human Animal - Sub Pop
          Shalloboi - "Flowers for Darcy" - Invisible Against the Sun - Endless December
          Aarktica - "You Have Cured a Million Ghosts from Roaming in My Head" - Drones, Loves, Honesties, Sounds - Silber
          Sky Green Leopards - "William & the Sacred Hammer" - Disciples of California - JagJaguar
          Gricer - "Folk" - Gricer - Taut Recordings
          Portland Bicycle Ensemble - "Concerto 6" - Oregone - Oregone
          Numantic Soul - "Wash" - Chillicious - Waveform

Comment

for Saturday, November 18th, 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time
            (that's 9-10 PM in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina!)

STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE BABY!

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metropolitan area

The only rule is that exceptions shall rule. Music, new and rediscovered, from the likes of Gowns, Hunny, L.A. Lungs, the Oregone and Women Take Back the Noise compilations, Shalloboi, Pere Ubu, Oliver Squash, and Edward Ka-Spel. Some of who you may have heard, many maybe not, all of who you really should.

Comment

for Saturday, November 18th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time

DOWNLOAD AS AN MP3 OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

98.3 FM on Portland State University Campus

As I left to do the show, I found a brick in my yard that said "Hidden" on it.

Gowns - "( )" - s/t - Folktale
              Hunny - "Ballad of the Brick" - Synethesia - Icky Recordings
              cup na cup - "Asthma Sheen" - Oregone - Oregone
              L.A. Lungs - "No Input City" - I've Called You Sexy Woman on a Tuesday Nigt Before - Hand Panther
              Khate - "Pinetum" - Women Take Back the Noise - Ubuibi
              Wolf Eyes - "A Million Years" - Human Animal - Sub Pop
              Edward Ka-Spel - "...And Smashed into a Million Pieces" -Eyes! China Doll - Beta-Lactam Ring
              Shalloboi - "Just Like You Used to Be" - Petals - Endless December
              Zoe Keating - "Fern" - One Cello x 16: Natoma - indie
              Kobi - "Anchored to a Central Core of Saturated Intensity" - Drones, Loves, Honesties, Sounds - Silber Records
              Doug Theriault - "zEdificiay" - Oregone - Oregone
              Oliver Squash - "Ice" - s/t - indie
              Pere Ubu - "Stolen Cadilac" - Why I Hate Women - Smog Veil
              Last edited by Dead-Air; 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Time to clear out of that turkey haze and remember to set your radio, computer, or other audio perceiving device for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU broadcasting live Saturday, November 25th 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time.

Experimental and eclectic music, post-punk, post-rock, post-everything, drone, noise, and beauty.

STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE!

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metropolitan area

Gauranteed an entirely "holiday music" free zone!

Comment

for Saturday, November 25th 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time

DOWNLOAD PROGRAM AS MP3 OR LISTEN TO AUDIO STREAM HERE!

98.3 FM on Portland State University campus

The sound of machines going silent forever.

Wolf Eyes - "A Million Years" - Human Animal - Sub Pop
                  Mayumi Miyata & Stefan Hussong - "Toshio Hosokawa : Cloudscapes - Moon Night" - Deep Silence - Wergo
                  Metal - "The Defeat of Modern Evil" - Oregone - Oregone
                  Whitelodge - "The Emporer's Orchid (+ Mix)" - Whitelodge + - Beta-Lactam Ring
                  Hunny - "Skin on My Bugs" - Synnesthesia - Icky Recordings
                  Birch Book - "The Carnival is Empty" - Fortune & Folly - Helmet Room
                  Kraftwerk - "Radio Stars" - Radio-Activity - Capitol
                  Brian English - "Children of Neighbors You Never Knew pt. 1" - Beyond Words - Record Label Records
                  Steve Fisk - "Ragged Old Flag" - 448 Deathless Days - SST
                  Rebecca Moore - "Thaw" - Home Wreckordings 1997-1999 - Knitting Factory Records
                  Christina N - "(Description of) an Empty Airport" - Women Take Back the Noise - Ubuibi
                  Walter Carlos - "Timesteps (excerpt)" - A Clockwork Orange Soundtrack - Warner Bros
                  Legendary Pink Dots - "Thursday Night Fever" - Ancient Days - Beta-Lactam Ring

Comment

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU for Saturday 12/2/2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time

Featuring in-studio guest Noah Mickens of Someday Lounge, 36 Invisibles, Nequaquam Vacuum, and Societas Insomnia (among many other groups, ensembles, projects, and collectives!)

98.3 FM on Portland State University campus

This Playlist is going out a bit late due to repeated problems with the KPSU archive, that hopefully been completely fixed.
                    I didn't want to send this around until you were able to DOWLOAD THE PROGRAM AS AN MP3 OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

Artist - Track/Song - Album - Recording Label

Hideaki Hashimoto - "Hokkai-Bayashi (Festival Version)" -The Japanese Drums: Nihon Daiko - ARC
                    Nequaquam Vacuum - "Krakatoa" - IBOL Magazine #4 - IBOL Records
                    Nequaquam Vacuum - "The Night's Young Mandarin" - Radon 2006 Compilation - Radon
                    Elvis and the Creepy Tales That Chill Ensemble - "Lost in Time" - Creepy Tales That Chill - indie
                    Maryanne Amacher - "Sound Characters" - The Throne of Drones - Asphodel
                    Downcaste - "unknown" - demo - indie
                    Nommo Ogo - "Noise Level Ear" - Live in Berlin Winter 2003 - indie
                    Nommo Ogo - "Sickle Moonlane" - Live in Berlin Wintr 2003 - indie
                    Modernstate - "you can see forever from the top of the hill where you were born" - Highwater Moonboot - Woodson Lateral Records
                    Stolen Babies - "Push Button" - There Be Squabbles Ahead - The End Records

Comment

for Saturday, December 9th, 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time
                      (that's 3-4 PM in Lima, Peru)

LIVE STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE!

Experimental and eclectic music, post-punk, drone, noise, and beauty.

This week featuring brand new music from the album Scars by Portland's own Childhood Friends, powerful percussive soulful post-garage rock from Baltimore's Celebration who set the Crystal Ballroom stage on sonic fire this past Thursday night, some awesome droney stuff (oddly also from Baltimore, though I think completely unrelated) from Gullwing, David Sylvian proving he can actually play electric guitar, traditional Gagaku music from Japan, Stereolab, Mouse on Mars, Zack Kouns, Mnemosyne, Better People, and Roto Visage.

Comment

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU for Saturday, December 9th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time:

This particular show featured a Pre-Game Show from 11 Am to Noon which may be dowloaded in addition to the "official" program:

Pre-Game Show MP3 Download or Audio Stream Here!

"Regular" Program:

DOWNLOAD WHAT'S THIS CALLED? AS MP3 OR LISTEN TO STREAM HERE!

1450 AM
                        98.3 FM on Porltand State University campus

Artist - Song/Track - Album/Source - Recording Label

(Pre-Game Show 11 AM - Noon):
                        Stereolab - "Metronomic Underground" - ABC Music - Koch Records
                        Sun Ra - "Atlantis" - Atlantis - Evidence
                        Albert Ayler - "Spirits Rejoice" - Spirits Rejoice - ESP
                        Arto Lindsay/DJ Spooky - "Mundo Civilizado Inversion Mix" - Hyper Civilizado: Arto Lindsay Remixes - Rykodisc
                        Celebration - "War" - Celebration - 4AD
                        ("Regular" Program Noon - 1 PM):
                        David Sylvian - "Trauma" - Blemish - Samadhisound
                        Childhood Friends - "Prey" - Scars - indie
                        Mouse on Mars - "The Ilking" - Idiology - Thrill Jockey
                        Gullwing - "Lake Huron" - MP3 - indie
                        Kunaicho Gakubu - "Kishunraku no Ha" - Gagaku: Japanese Traditional Music - King Record Co.
                        Zack Kouns - "God Touch Her Body" - Son is Alone Asleep in Himself - indie
                        Whitelodge - "The Last House" - Whitelodge + - Beta-Lactam Ring
                        Mnemosyne - "Hierophant" - MP3 - indie
                        Better People - "Rule of Divide" - MP3 - indie
                        Celebration - "Foxes" - Celebration - 4AD

Comment

Seeking relief from Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, and (it's o.k, you can admit you're sick to death of it) Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"? Horrified that any moment some nostalgic dj fool may subject you to the Anglocentric liberal racism of "Do They Know It's Christmas?" ? Wishing you could smash to pieces every copy of every version of "Silver Bells" ever recorded? Fear not, there is an escape!

What's This Called?
                          with Ricardo Wang on KPSU for Saturday, Dec. 16th, 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (that's 11 PM to Midnight in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for those of you still fixated on Band-Aid!)

STREAMING HOLIDAY MUSIC FREE AUDIO ZONE HERE!!!

1450 AM

That's right, for one hour, it's experimental and eclectic music, post-punk, drone, noise, and beauty without a hint of Bethlehem nor The North Pole. "It won't be snowing in Africa..." indeed.

Comment

Actually doing the Pre-Game Show right now!

Comment

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang on KPSU for Saturday, Dec. 16th 2006 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time.

Once again, I arrived early enough to present a Pre-Game Show, which you may Download Here.

DOWNLOAD "OFFICIAL" PROGRAM MP3 OR PLAY AUDIO STREAM HERE!!!

Artist - Song/Track - Album/Recording - Label (if any)

Pre-Game Show (11 AM - Noon):

Black Happy Day - "How Many Hours 'Til Spider's Work is Done?" - In the Garden of Ghostflowers - Silber
                              Don Cherry - "Total Vibration" - Mu - BYG
                              Squarepusher (arr. David Horne) - "The Tide" - Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters - Warp
                              Skullflower - "Lost in the Blackened Gardens of Some Vast Star" - Tribulation - Crucial Blast
                              Wolf Eyes - "Rationed Rot" - Human Animal - Sub Pop
                              Robert Rich - "The Simorgh Sleeps on Velvet Tongues" - The Throne of Drones - Asphodel

"Official" Program (Noon - 1 PM):

Animal Collective - "I See You Pan" - Hollindagain - Rough Trade
                              Legendary Pink Dots - "The Equaliser" - Poppy Variations - Beta-Lactam Ring
                              L. A. Lungs - "Shopper's Sleep" - I've Called You Sexy Woman on a Tuesday Nigt Before - Hand Panther
                              Jad Fair & Kramer - "True Love Will Find You in the End" - I Killed the Monster - Second-Shimmy
                              John Cage - "First Construction in Metal" - Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters - Warp
                              Childhood Friends - "Little Deaths" - Scars - indie
                              Celebration - "Lost Souls" - S/T - 4AD
                              La STPO - "L' Intitule Creme" - Tranches de Temps Jete' - Beta-Lactam Ring
                              Hunny - "Sniff the Magic Coaster" - Synaesthesia - Icky Recordings
                              Edgard Varese - "Ionization" - Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters - Warp

Next Week: I will be vacating the show to help Father Christmas deliver his presents in time. The highly talented hostess of Kittenmouse Radio will be covering the time slot.

Comment

Excellent tunes,as always!

Happy Holidays, Dead-Air !!!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                                X