Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What's This Called? Version 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang for November 10th 2007 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU:

DOWNLOAD PROGRAM OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
    98.1 FM on the Portland State University campus

Artist - Song/Track - Album - Recording Label

William Hooker - "Time Within" - The Work - Homestead
    Golden Death Music - "True Beauty is Emptiness" - Ephemera Blues - Helmet Room
    Volume Ghost - "How to Spot a Communist" - Crackhouse is a Name You Can Trust - Ergot Mfg.
    John Cage - "The Erotic" - Sixteen Dances, for Soloist and Company of 3 - RCA Victor
    Christmas Decorations - "Browning Out" - Communal Rust - Community Library
    Andrew Liles - "All Things Bright and Beautiful and Corrosive" - Black Beauty - Beta-lactam Ring Records
    Frank Comstock - "On the Dark Side of the Moon" - Music from Outer Space - Mr. Nobody Records
    Perez Prado - "The Voodo Suite (edit)" - Voodoo Suite/Exotic Suite of the Americas - Bear Family

My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

• It's that time of week again! Time for What's This Called? with your exuberant host Ricardo Wang bringing an eclectic mix of eclecticisms from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (exactly 12 hours later for the Armenian listeners!), Saturday November 17th, on KPSU!

As always STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE!

and for the internet challenged...

On Tap: John Coltrane, George & Caplin, Lungfish, Kraftwerk, Eric Dahlman, Andrew Liles, Sonic Youth, and Strings of Consciousness!
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

• Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang for Saturday, November 17th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (with an unarchived Pre-Game Show from 11 AM to Noon) on KPSU.

Note: the first hour "Pre-Game Show" is sadly not available in the archive.

Television - "Little Johnny Jewel (Parts 1 & 2)" - Marquee Moon - Rhino
        John Coltrane - "Saturn" - Interstellar Space - Impulse
        Tabuh Jagra Winungu - "Gamelan Jegog Werdi Sentana" - Between Heaven And Earth (Traditional Gamelan Music Of Bali) - Nascente
        Sonic Youth - "Society is a Hole" - Bad Moon Rising - Homestead
        Edward Ka-Spel - "The 9oClck Train to Oblivion" - Dream Logick Part One - Beta-lactam Ring Records
        Coil - "The Wheel" - The Wheel and Keelhauler" - Threshold House
        Kraftwerk - "Radioactivity" - Radio-activity - Capitol
        Lungfish - "Hallucinatorium" - The Unanimous Hour - Dischord
        George & Caplin - "Bluff Lake Forgotten" - He Really Got Through to Advertising... - Beta-lactam Ring Records
        Shalloboi - "Surprise, Surprise" - Learning How to Crawl - Endless December
        Eric Dahlman - "Medicine" - Ripped Echo - Space Walrus
        Andrew Liles - "The Fat King and the Lean Beggar" - Black Pool - Beta-lactam Ring
        Volume Ghost - "The Next Thing You Know is What I'm About to Tell You" - Crackhouse is a Name You Can Trust - Ergot Mfg.
        Dr. Samuel Hoffman - "Theremin Solo" - Brain in a Box - Rhino
        The Late Severa Wires - "Live at Olympia Experimental Music Festival" - mp3 - indie

Comment

• Assuming we've all (Americans anyway) survived our various gluttonies in tact, it's once again time for What's This Called? with your fully turkified host Ricardo Wang bringing a one hour holiday from the holidays from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (that's 3-4 PM if you're near Plymouth Rock), Saturday November 24th, on KPSU!

As always STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE!

and for the internet challenged...

1450 AMin the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area

On Tap: Steve Reich, Art Ensemble of Chicago, Hood, Can, Shalloboi, Les Baxter, Thurston Moore, and the Silverman

Comment

• Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang for Saturday, November 24th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU.

DJ Spooky that Subliminal Kid - "City Life (Open Circuit mix)" - Reich Remixed - Nonesuch
            Art Ensemble of Chicago - "Dexterity" - Message to Our Folks - Fuel
            Shalloboi - "Kansas City Curse" - Learning How to Crawl - Endless December
            Dielectric Field Recording All-Stars - "Hiding My Breath Under the Snow" - RE:record - Dielectric Records
            Valet - "My Volcano" - Blood is Clean - Kranky
            Thurston Moore - "European Son" - End of Music As We Know It - ROIR
            The Silverman - "Woodland Calling (excerpt)" - Nature of Illusion - Beta-lactam Ring
            Hood - "In Iron Light" - The Cycle of Days and Seasons - Domino Television - "Untitled Instrumental" - Marquee Moon - Rhino
            Can - "Bring Me Coffee or Tea" - Tago Mago - Mute

Comment

• http://www.kpsu.org

Streaming Live, by Surprise

The wind section of the Dead Air Fresheners live in the studio.

Unmasked!

Don't Fear the Ice Age!

Comment

• Playlist for What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang for Saturday, December 1st, 2007 from sometime before Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU.

This week featuring a surprise unannounced appearance by the wind section of the Dead Air Fresheners!

DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

1450 AM
                in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area

John Zorn - "Theme" - Film Works 1986-1990 - Elektra
                Dead Air Fresheners with Chuck Swaim - "Greyhound with a Lime" - Infamous Polywogs Vol. 1? - Inlet
                Interstellar Doom - "White Dwarf" - Reek of Influence - Icky
                Bryan Eubanks - "gauge and toner" - Oregone - Oregone
                Derek Johnson - "KPSU Set 1" - Cello Sampler - indie

Dead Air Wind - "Mixing and matching for a better later this evening" - Live on What's This Called? - KPSU

Eet - "Pollencount" - A Fruit is Born - codfisch

Dead Air Wind - "With a sweater or two we can face any Ice Age goddamit!" - Live on What's This Called? - KPSU

rx - "Imagine/Take a Walk on the Wild Side (W Mix)" - The Party - indie
                Charles Mingus - "The Shoes of the Fisherman's Wife are Some Jive Ass Slippers" - Ken Burns Jazz - Columbia

Dead Air Wind - "We give up at giving it up and you should too" - Live on What's This Called? - KPSU

Comment

• Time once again for the weekly installment of What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang, for Saturday, December 8th, 2007 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (that's 8-9 PM in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso!)

STREAMING LIKE THE COWLITZ RIVER ALL OVER THE INTERNET RIGHT HERE!

98.1 FMon the Portland State University campus

I still plan to play scads of brand new eclectic musical experiences for this week including, but not limited to: Bardo Pond, Death Worth Living, Moodring, Ifsh, Cul de Sac, Plus Connected, and Mangled Bohemians.

However, with the news of the loss of Karlheinz Stockhausen I'll be starting of course with something of his.

Last edited by Dead-Air; 12-07-2007, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang for Saturday, December 8th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU.

Karlheinz Stockhausen/London Sinfonietta - "Spiral Saxophones and Shortwave Receiver" - Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters - Warp
                    Cul De Sac - "Into the Cone of Cold" - Crashes to Light - Thirsty Ear
                    Moodring - "Hail" - Phoolan Devi - indie
                    Ifsh - "Crows Strut Around It" - Serums - Codfisch
                    Death Worth Living - "Track 4" - Frantic Walls Walls - indie
                    Bardo Pond - "Cry Baby Cry" - Ticket Crystals - ATP Recordings
                    Plus Connected - "Long Air Habitat" - Flat Gettin It - Scenery Audio Archive
                    Mangled Bohemians - "Live from the Goat Lab (edit)" - Live from the Goat Lab - indie

Next Week:
                    Paintings for Animals live in the KPSU studio!

Comment

• This week on What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang, Saturday, December 15th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (that's 3-4 PM in Havana, Cuba!) we have a very special guest live in the KPSU studio...

The haunting aural electronic poetics of Seattle, Washington's

Paintings for Animals

As always the show is STREAMING LIVE RIGHT HERE!

or on the Old Fashioned Radio via:

98.3 FM on the Portland State University campus

Last edited by Dead-Air; 12-12-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Paintings for Animals is setting up right now. Streaming Live in approximately a half hour!

Comment

• Ready in T-14.
                          Kevin McCabe
                          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Playlist for What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang for Saturday, December 15th, from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU.

Featuring Live Special Guest: Paintings for Animals

1450 AM
                            in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area

Golden Death Music - "In Silence" - Ephemera Blues - Helmet Room
                            Bardo Pond - "Endurance" - Ticket Crystals - ATP Recordings
                            George & Caplin - "I Wish it Was Colder" - He Really Got Through to Advertising... - Beta-lactam Ring Records

Paintings for Animals Live on What's This Called?

Comment

• Caught you live, very smooth, mellow, music. Just the thing to sort of ease on in to the day.
                              Kevin McCabe
                              The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Nice to hear it sounded good. I haven't listened to my download yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Ironically, that sort of ambient stuff he was doing usually sounds better over the air than it does in the studio booth. Hearing it live in the room and out of the "program" speakers makes it a bit confusing to the head to figure out what the final mix is like. Of course just putting the headphones on will solve that, but I like to move around and take pictures and stuff, so I can't do that the whole time.

Just read your profile. You should watch for this kid as he's local in your town (where I was born and lived until 1993 by the way.)
                                Last edited by Dead-Air; 12-18-2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X