Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Donita Sparks goes solo (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donita Sparks goes solo (sort of)

Donita Sparks, of L7 fame, has just unleahed her first "solo" recording, available as an MP3 on her new site:

www.donitasparks.com

To be fair, her new band still has L7's drummer on drums (Dee Plakas), and her sound is very similar, but it's a damn catchy song so I'm not complaining. If it ain't broke, etc.
    :clap:
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Yay!

They've posted another MP3 on the site!

Now that I have a reliable player for such things, I'm really starting to appreciate downloading music. This week I've started collecting music by ex-member of Lunachicks as well (Gina's band Bantam and Theo's band Theo). Before the internet I wouldn't have even known these groups existed, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to hear them without buying the album and crossing my fingers. Now I can listen to a free "single" (as it were) and then purchase the album directly. Even if the shops around me were to stock such obscurity, it would be classed as "import" material, and therefore mucho expensive.

Whether or not illegal downloads are "killing music" isn't for me to say, but legal downloads are ace and make me want to buy things. :)
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
    X