Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Brian thingy and those other chappies who play guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian thingy and those other chappies who play guitar

from the queen's recent celebrity bash:

----------------------

Meanwhile, the Queen spent the evening greeting celebrity guests, including Charlotte Church and Phil Collins, with the usual handshake and thinly-veiled grimace.

When Her Majesty asked Brian May who he was, he had to remind her that he played the National Anthem on the roof of the Palace to start the 2002 Golden Jubilee rock concert.

"Oh! That was you was it?" the Queen exclaimed.

Moving on to Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, the Queen inquired: "Are you a guitarist too?"

Guitar god Eric Clapton took no chances and, firmly shaking the Queen's hand, introduced himself by name. But by now the Queen was on a roll.

"Have you been playing a long time?" the Queen asked.

"It must be 45 years now," replied 59-year-old Clapton.

--------------------------------------

Who says the monarchy is out of touch? The Queen should have been in a queue waiting to shake hands with three musicians who have shook the world, not the other way around.

and Phil Collins? a celebrity?
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Comment

I cant believe that. I bet even my gran knows who Jimmy Page is!

Comment

I did find this funny actually. It's like an alternate universe where the last fifty years of popular music has passed royalty by... :?
        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

This is the funniest thing ever man! I guess the queen's probably more into classical then
          At least Tony Blair plays guitar though, maybe he should educate the queen on popular music!

Comment

Working...
          X