Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What music are you listening to in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zilch View Post
    Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post
    After listening to this song a few times the wee lassie suddenly started playing the verse on her fiddle:
    That's a rabbit hole worth diving down

Cheers, mate. This afternoon found the little missie demanding Ghost in order to kazoo along to:

Comment

• Mike Oldfield - Nuclear (Extended Reconstruction)

Following along the same game OST as my previous post...
      Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

• today, Autoamerican by Blondie, of course. What else would I listen to?

Comment

• Meshuggah "Obzen/Kolloss/Catchy 33/Nothing"
          Ontogeny "Hymns of Ahriman"
          Psycroptic s/t
          Fear Factory "Genexus/Mechanic"
          Queensryche "Condition Human"
          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Sia - Fear

Comment

• Last night...

Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs
              Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (aka "Scratch" or "2")
              Robert Fripp - Exposure

"He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
              'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• I'm trying to finagle some Van Der Graaf Generator and Captain Beefheart CDs from my local Witch Doctor. Just picked up Saxon's newest Battering Ram yesterday.

I also have him watching for the Hawklords' new one R:Evolution and Dave Brock's Brockworld.
                Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• Just now, Rush - The Trees
                  in the hope that the more that things change, the more they stay the same!
                  Kevin McCabe
                  The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Blue Oyster Cult
                    Spectres, Cultösaurus Erectus and Fire of Unknown Origin
                    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Fantastic music Kevin and Zlogdan! I've been enjoying a bunch of King Crimson over the last few days primarily from their double trio era...

Thrak, The Vrooom Sessions, and Construkction Of Light

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
                        Fantastic music Kevin and Zlogdan! I've been enjoying a bunch of King Crimson over the last few days primarily from their double trio era...

Thrak, The Vrooom Sessions, and Construkction Of Light
                        Jack, King Crimson came to Brazil for two gigs and I was excited to see them but when I looked for tickets they were very high: 250 dollars to see KC from the back sits. I was ok with the back sits but I definitely could not afford the 250. But, when they played on Rock in Rio I caught them on TV -live- and those were the best music TV I have ever seen. The good thing is that the whole King Crimson catalog is now available at Google Play music for around 4,5 dollars each album so I feasted on those :-)

These days I was mostly listening to Deep Purple and Rainbow but as you see I got into BOC heavily. I will listen to some Dregs, Morse too.

Comment

• Originally posted by zlogdan View Post

Jack, King Crimson came to Brazil for two gigs and I was excited to see them but when I looked for tickets they were very high: 250 dollars to see KC from the back sits. I was ok with the back sits but I definitely could not afford the 250. But, when they played on Rock in Rio I caught them on TV -live- and those were the best music TV I have ever seen. The good thing is that the whole King Crimson catalog is now available at Google Play music for around 4,5 dollars each album so I feasted on those :-)

These days I was mostly listening to Deep Purple and Rainbow but as you see I got into BOC heavily. I will listen to some Dregs, Morse too.
                          Very cool Daniel! Yeah I agree that's way too expensive for tickets. They played here as well, but the timing didn't quite work out for me to see them. However, I did recently purchase one of their annual holiday grab boxes offered on their website. This year was a great deal, for $49 you got 3 t-shirts, 1 glass, 1 mug, 1 keychain, 1 pin, 1 set of postcards, and 1 bumper sticker. The draw for getting a box is the t-shirts of course as they retail on the site for $25-$30 each. The remainder of the box are a nice bonus to have. The shirts they sent me were a vintage look "Larks Tongues In Aspic" logo and 2 different ones from the 2017 US tour. I was very pleased! :-)

That's a great deal on Google Play for each of KC's albums and well worth grabbing, glad you got them!

Comment

• Ringing in the New Year with
                            Welcome Back My Friends
                            To The Show That Never Ends
                            Ladies and Gentlemen
                            EMERSON, LAKE, AND PALMER
                            Kevin McCabe
                            The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
                              Ringing in the New Year with
                              Welcome Back My Friends
                              To The Show That Never Ends
                              Ladies and Gentlemen
                              EMERSON, LAKE, AND PALMER
                              One of my favorite bands...great choice! Tonight I'm going with an album I haven't listened to for a while...
                              Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery
                              I'll probably follow it up with a live recording of theirs from the '75 tour
                              Happy New Year! Rock On!

Comment

• Black Sabbath Heaven And Hell

Comment

Working...
                                X