Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What music are you listening to in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music are you listening to in 2015?

Well Happy new year to all my fellow air-shifters and aural skull-feeders!!

May i be so bold to kick off this shiny new 365 days with-

Genesis-Nursery Cryme
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Excellent choice Thingfish and a Very Happy New Year To You!

I started the new year off with this...

Fish - For Whom The Bells Toll!

An excellent official live recording from The Edinburgh Playhouse from New Years Eve 1991. Fish and the lads are in top form performing rocking tunes from the Vigil In The Wilderness Of Mirrors and Internal Exile albums as well as various Marillion albums. The banter in between numbers is also loads of fun to listen to and great for a laugh or two.

Rock On in 2015!
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

I was at that very gig Jack!!
      Never new there was a recording of it will be off having a look for it sharpish!
      Edinburgh Playhouse-great venue,saw many a great band there.
      I remember it well because our wee van broke down on the way home to Dundee in the middle of darkest Fife,and,it being Hogmanay,we all had copious amounts of various forms of alcohol in the van which we made short work of(except the driver of course,who was,lets just say, less than happy)

Im on-

Brand X-Product
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

That's awesome that you were at that gig Thingfish! I just checked out Fish's website and the recording isn't currently available there, but Amazon UK has it although a wee bit pricey...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whom-Bells-T...the+bells+toll

probably better prices on Ebay, but who knows it might turn up in one of the shops near you.

Ahhh Product...a fantastic Brand X album, haven't pulled out their stuff in a while think I'll join you with...

Brand X - Do They Hurt?

Comment

't Schaep met de 5 Poten (1969): Het Zal Je Kind Maar Wezen

Comment

Shifted gears and mellowed out with...

Shadowfax - The Dreams Of Children
            William Ackerman - Past Light

Comment

Cheers for that Jack!
              Just found out this afternoon that my mate knows someone who has it and is getting me a copy of that one which is just as well because you're right,that amazon copy is well pricey but i probably would have stumped up for it anyway

Am now on

Brian Eno-Nerve Net

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

That's great Thingfish, glad to hear you're getting a copy of that gig! It's always nice to listen to a recording of a show that you actually attended, I'm sure it will bring back fond memories. He released a recording of a gig I was at back in 2000 and that's what I have spinning right now...

Fish - Candlelight In Fog - Live At The TLA, Philadelphia, PA. - January 16th 2000

I was fortunate enough to meet him before a show he did in 2008 in Cleveland and he was kind enough to sign the CD for me. I really hope he makes it back to the states in the near future, his live performance is a rocking good time!

Comment

Ah that sounds just like him Jack-Top Man

Im on-

Camel-Rain Dances

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Devin Townsend anyone?
                    I am currently enjoying Z2 and Casualties of Cool.
                    I highly recommend any of this mans music. From ambient to death metal and all things between, he is a musical genius.
                    I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

Not heard any Nav but i am going to look some up.

Am currently on-

Thea Gilmore-Liejacker

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

There is silence in the PV household at the moment, in dread anticipation of the re-run of the 1988 FA Cup Final.

I think I'll hide behind the sofa.

Comment

Phew!

Comment

The ghost of Lawrie Sanchez didn't appear PV.....Joy!!

Monday night rockin along nicely with-

Alice in Chains-Dirt

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Kicking off vacation with...

Van Der Graaf Generator - Aerosol Grey Machine
                              Khan - Space Shanty
                              Gun - Gun

Rock on everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X