Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greetings all and Moorcock inspired music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings all and Moorcock inspired music

For some amazing reason I've only just discovered this site.

I discovered Mr Moorcock's works in the mid 70s when I bought a vast number of paperback novels (The Elric Series, Castle Brass, Moonglum, Jerry Cornelius, etc) at a garden fete!

That was the long, hot summer of 76. It was spent physically in the garden and virtually in the Moorcockiverse accompanied by copious glasses of dandelion wine.

I'm also a keen Hawkwind, fan, and recognise a few names from the Yahoo group here. I'm delighted they're still going strong (the recent tour was tremendous), and the highlight of my musical career was the 50 minute slot I had at the 2003 Hawkfest performing space rock music with Michael Blackman of Alien Dream.

I bought the Deep Fix album when it came out, and have always enjoyed 'Fair Dealer' and 'Rolling in the Ruins' - fine songs. I still spin 'Starcuiser' when I can find a 45 deck!

I recently put a Moorcock inspired piece up at soundclick, based on my favourite novel, 'The Warlord of the Air'. This is a collaboration with Kevin Perry of space rock band 'Xoo' and Hawkwind tribute band 'Assassins of Silence'. It's currently doing very well - #4 in Soundclick's Prog Rock chart.

Do drop by, have a listen and leave a message, when you have a moment.

http://www.soundclick.com/tombyrne

I'm looking forward to browsing the forums here.

Best regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

Nice of you to join us the MMAAS Soundscape is to appear on this site soon.

To anyone who has not heard "The Warlord of the Air" go and download it now, I recommend it!

Comment

Cheers, Tom. You could always download "Starcruiser" from the site!
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

ahhhh,
        So it was not a drugged delirium then! you really do exist ;)

We have the contributer of "Warlord of the Air" down as a Capt O. Bastable, there must be some mistake ;)

Matt

MMAAS Team
        \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

and here's another prodigal returned to the fold...

Evenin' all :lol:

Steve Gilmore
          It's lunchtime - I must be famous!
          Soundclick * Songplanet * MP3 Unsigned * Acid Planet * Vitamin C

Comment

Hi Tom,
            Welcome to the Multiverse here :) Good to have another Hawkwind fan in attendance.

Ken
            Ken Boorman
            Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Welcome to you too Steve. I'm sure you'll find this place interesting :D

Ken
              Ken Boorman
              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Hi Etive, Mikey, Matt, Steve and Ken!

Thanks for the warm welcome, and nice to see Steve here!

May I just put in a plug for D-rider, which Nik Turner has given us (Kevin Perry and me) permission to cover.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/defaul...&content=music

Kind regards

Tom

Comment

Promotion

Hi All...
                  May I reccomend Tom and Kevin's version of D-rider to all,brilliant version.
                  Sorry Tom (LOL)...
                  Nigel.
                  :D

Comment

Working...
                  X