Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last Vinyl you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pietro_Mercurios
    Eternal Champion
    • Oct 2004

The 'Lockdown,' has eased a bit here. Which means that one can now visit the local record shop without booking an appointment first (no more than 4 visitors at a time, though). I wasn't going to go in. It's always too much of a temptation. There's always something that catches the eye. Eventually, I was in just long enough to come away with some John Lee Hooker & Linton Kwesi Johnson.

Hooker_Johnson_00.jpg

Two excellent albums. I was lucky enough to hear Johnson live, the year before last. This album is from 1979. A dub poet at his best, with a truly excellent backing band. Rico on trombone!

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
      Eternal Champion
      • Oct 2004

Friday afternoon, after work. Just popped in to local record shop, for a minute.

MBBnB_00.jpg

Now, listening to this, whilst drinking Marston's English Pale Ale.

Probably about as close as I'll get to England, for the foreseeable.

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
        Eternal Champion
        • Oct 2004

Splurged a bit, this week.

Dustaphonics_00.jpg

There's still a place in my heart for the London sound.

Comment

• Rothgo
          Champion of the Unbalanced
          • Aug 2006

That's an excellent bit of cover art!

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
            Eternal Champion
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
            That's an excellent bit of cover art!
            First time I heard the title track, I thought, 'Wow! That's for me!' Quite took me back to my misspent youth.

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
              Eternal Champion
              • Oct 2004

The only album I bought this week, was, Anita Ward's Songs of Love. It's sweet album from the very apex of Disco. Only cost me, €5. I only really had to have it for the single track, Ring My Bell. There are very few pieces of music that I can say truly act as quantum time tunnels back to my youth, specifically in this case, when I was18-19. This track hearkens back to a time & place, very specific indeed.

Comment

• postodave
                Citizen of Tanelorn
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
                I just got an original 1976 copy of Bowie's Station to Station for ten dollars! Vinyl is perfect, sleeve is a bit faded. I also got a nice 180gram vinyl re-release of The Colour of Spring by Talk Talk. Two great albums.
                The cover to that is so good. When I bought the CD I could not understand why they had changed it to a colour photo. I showed my daughter the two covers - I still have my old vinyl copy - and she agreed that the original design was so good. Do people just think colour is more exciting?

Comment

• Rothgo
                  Champion of the Unbalanced
                  • Aug 2006

I've a recent reprint of some old 2000AD Nemesis stories that have been coloured. Really garishly and strongly coloured. Utterly wrecked the old b&w artwork

Comment

• postodave
                    Citizen of Tanelorn
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                    I've a recent reprint of some old 2000AD Nemesis stories that have been coloured. Really garishly and strongly coloured. Utterly wrecked the old b&w artwork
                    Well look at this. CD versus vinyl

Comment

• postodave
                      Citizen of Tanelorn
                      • Jul 2011

And here are the back covers

Comment

Working...
                      X