Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What was the last Vinyl you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
    My favorite so far has been Another Green World, it features Robert Fripp, Percy Jones and Phil Collins.
    Oh nice, I'll defo check those out, as I like those artists as well, thanx :)

Comment

• I picked up a couple more 79 cent bargains yesterday at a thrift store that's starting to turn into my new favorite place to shop for vinyl...

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame (Columbia 1st Canadian Pressing)
      Chuck Mangione - Fun And Games (A&M Records 1st US Pressing)

"He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikey View Post
        Bought one of these just the other day! ... thought I'd treat myself ...
        Very cool rock on! I bet Roots To Branches sounds amazing on it too.

Comment

• I picked up these 3 nice LP's at a favorite thrift store yesterday for only $4...

https://www.discogs.com/Al-Stewart-T...release/767050
          https://www.discogs.com/Horslips-Aliens/release/9719900
          https://www.discogs.com/Horslips-Sho...elease/1378729

Comment

• I've picked up a number of old records in the last few months:
            • Black Sabbath - Paranoid
            • Heart - Dreamboat Annie
            • Blondie - Eat to the Beat and Parallel Lines
            • Go Go's - Vacation
            • Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
            • Cheap Trick at Budokan
            I think they are all original pressings or close to it. Most have either a sleeve or an insert with lyrics. Rumours has a foldout insert with lyrics. Budokan has a booklet. Paranoid and Dreamboat Annie are gatefold. Paranoid's sleeve has advertising for other acts and records on the same label.

A few caught my notice because of the gatefolds or inserts, but it was mostly just lucky happenstance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post
              I've picked up a number of old records in the last few months:
              • Black Sabbath - Paranoid
              • Heart - Dreamboat Annie
              • Blondie - Eat to the Beat and Parallel Lines
              • Go Go's - Vacation
              • Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
              • Cheap Trick at Budokan
              I think they are all original pressings or close to it. Most have either a sleeve or an insert with lyrics. Rumours has a foldout insert with lyrics. Budokan has a booklet. Paranoid and Dreamboat Annie are gatefold. Paranoid's sleeve has advertising for other acts and records on the same label.

A few caught my notice because of the gatefolds or inserts, but it was mostly just lucky happenstance.
              Sweet finds Heresiologist!

Comment

Working...
              X