Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

RIP Dimebag Darrell. (Pantera, Damage Plan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dimebag Darrell. (Pantera, Damage Plan)

I don't know how many of you are fans of either Pantera or Damage Plan but I thought this deserved a mention.
    A lone gunman jumped onto the stage during a Damage Plan show and shot Dimebag 5 times in the head before shooting at a security guy and then the crowd. He shot dead 5 people including Dimebag and injured seven others before being shot himself by a police officer.

Tis a sad day for the metal world with the passing of a guitar legend.
    Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Right on brother. I am sad.
    The world just lost another very talented musician yesterday.
    RIP Dimebag. :x RESPECT. \m/\m/

Also RIP to the other victims whos names I do not know.

Comment

I just heard about this today. What was the guys reasoning for doing it? HAs anyone figured that out yet? Im not a huge Pantera fan, but of course i knew who Dimebag was. What an Asshole.

Comment

Police have no clue as to a motive as yet. So stupid and pointless.
        Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Comment

The whole thing totally blows. You know what's weird? December 8th is also the day that John Lennon was shot and killed 24 years ago. I read somewhere that the killer was screaming something about Dimebag being responsible for the break up of Pantera. What a moron...go and kill a guy that you're supposed to be a fan of. I hate stupid people.

Comment

That's the dangerous end of fandom for you. To get caught up in something so completely that you lose all reason . . . well, I dunno.
            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...514EST0447.DTL

Comment

deeply sad

this is really sad.

I must admit that Pantera lost me when they made "reinventing the steel" I still can't get enough of the great southern trendkill though, It's one of the most beautiful, intelligent (and down right rockin!) Heavy metal albums ever.

I've been hearing "floods" a lot recently, there's no doubt the guy was a genius.

so how about some gun control then?
                \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

Re: deeply sad

Originally posted by M-A_19
                  so how about some gun control then?
                  Make guns harder to get legally, and the criminals and psychos will get them illegalily.

What needs to be done is to improve the human race so this kind of mindless shit no longer occurs.

Comment

Lets not shoot Mike since its his last book, OK guys?

Comment

Originally posted by McTalbayne
                      Lets not shoot Mike since its his last book, OK guys?
                      We'll get him some armor (for everyday).

Comment

Very sad news...

What I don't get is how the murderer went into the club with a gun and not caught by security detectors?
                        http://soundandclouds.blogspot.com/

Comment

The club didn't have any metal detectors or security cameras.

Comment

I'd read that he came in a back door, too.

Comment

I used to go to that club. It's a small place and really nice if you want to get up close and see some great bands. I live about 20 minutes away from it and all I can say is what a shame.

There has never been any problems in the Alrosa Villa before and the owners, who I know through a friend are just beside themselves. They have owned the place for about thirty years and have never had to deal with anything like this.

It is sad for those who were shot and horrible for anyone who was there. Just a shame...
                              When they had advanced together to meet on common
                              ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                              and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                              each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                              mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                              killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
                              X