Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Golden Void Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Void Live

Does anyone know if there is any Hawkwind albums/compilations/dvds with a live version of Golden Void on them?
    A live clip of that is what first got me into Hawkwind and its one of my favorite songs so I really want to get a live version of it.

You could do a lot worse than snap up a copy of this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...343325-5043640
    I don't have the bonus disc - but I understand "The Void of Golden Light" = "Golden Void". You also get MM narrating the Elric saga and possibly the best Hawkwind album of the 80s.

You may be aware that Hawkwind live albums are dangerous territory overall, with large numbers of "unauthorised" (allegedly) efforts recorded from a field two miles away - duplicate tracks with different covers, etc, etc. This will guide you through the maze: http://www.starfarer.net/index_cdbookdvd.html :D
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Thanks a lot :D

Comment

I'm too lazy to look at the thread, but it doesn't sound like Palace Springs (1991ish), which has a good version of both Assault & Battery and the Golden Void.
        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

'Hawkwind, Friends and Relations, Vol 1' was released on CD a year or two ago, and it has a live version of Golden Void, by The Sonic Assassins, on it.
          Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Thanks everyone I ordered Live Chronicles off Amazon along with In Search of Space. I also got Kasabian's album

Comment

I just got Live Chronicles its excellent I was listening to it yesterday. I love how its about Elric!

Comment

I'm glad you like it! :D It takes me back; I was at one of the gigs on that tour. Probably my second-best Hawkwind experience after 'henge the year before - but that was erm, fungally enhanced, shall we say... In the cold light of day, "Live Chronicles" is a far better listen than "This is Hawkwind do not panic".
                \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Mikey

Living in Portsmouth have you come across Magiccat and their various guises?

Comment

I don't believe I have. I'm a bit neglectful of the local music scene. Tell me more - I'll seek them out!

Comment

http://uk.geocities.com/magiccatradio/radioshow

Take a look in there. The radio show is run by a guy called Kev Ellis who plays in Magic Cat, Acoustic Cat, The Mushroom Band and Dr Brown (ex. feat. Huw Lloyd Langton). Can't remember the name of the pub they regularly play in, but I'm sure it's on the site or Kev's own site which has links from this one. He's a top man.

Comment

Cheers for the link. Dr. Brown certainly rings plenty of bells; I wondered if there was a connection. I must say that the "Southsea Folk and Roots festival" passed me by (must get out more). I note here a connection with my mate Kev Smith (one-time organiser of "Torpedo Town" festival and Solent FIN) - who is friends with Steve Bubble. No doubt he knows all about this; I'll ask him. Small world, innit?

Hawkwind, incidentally, played at "Torpedo Town" at Bramdean Common in 1986 (not 1987 as another site would have you believe). Probably not their best-ever gig, but festivities were generally marred that year by the thuggish antics of the "Brew Crew". Still, those were the days....

Comment

DVD

Hi Hawklord...
                          If you want an excellent version live on DVD then go for:
                          CLASSIC ROCK LEGENDS:HAWKWIND
                          Nigel.
                          :)

Comment

Sweet, I might check that out when I get a bit more money

Comment

by the way, Hawklord - is the bonus disc from "Chronicles" recorded at the same gig as the main CD?

Comment

Working...
                              X