Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

LITMUS - New Space Rock Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITMUS - New Space Rock Gods

You should all check out the "You are Here" CD by new London Space Rock band LITMUS. Essential listening for all Hawkwind fanatics everywhere.

www.litmusmusic.co.uk
    ‘In real life people do not spend every minute shooting each other, hanging themselves or making declarations of love. They don’t spend every minute saying clever things. Rather they eat, drink, flirt, talk nonsense."

Re: LITMUS - New Space Rock Gods

Originally posted by Blackbeard
    You should all check out the "You are Here" CD by new London Space Rock band LITMUS. Essential listening for all Hawkwind fanatics everywhere.

www.litmusmusic.co.uk

Hmm, how do they compare to, say, Ozric Tentacles or Hidria Spacefolk?

Comment

Well, I always thought that the Ozrics were more in the vein of Gong/Steve Hillage in vibe. Not that I have checked out anything they've done since '87/'88!

Litmus has the vibe of "Doremi Fasol Latido"/"Space Ritual" era with a harder rawer edge to the guitars.

Essential listening, if you are into era of Hawkwind.
      ‘In real life people do not spend every minute shooting each other, hanging themselves or making declarations of love. They don’t spend every minute saying clever things. Rather they eat, drink, flirt, talk nonsense."

Comment

Any MP3s around?
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
          Any MP3s around?
          Not that I am aware of (their site hasn't any anyhow). You may get more feedback if you contact Martin at [email protected]

The band have a track on the "Daze of the Underground" tribute CD to Hawkwind. They cover the track "Paradox". Check out more about that here...

http://www.litmusmusic.co.uk/audioev...derground.html

Some interesting bands on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard
            Well, I always thought that the Ozrics were more in the vein of Gong/Steve Hillage in vibe. Not that I have checked out anything they've done since '87/'88!
            Hmmm, a fair comparison I suppose (inasmuch as Hillage guested on their most-recent CD). Roger Waters' oldest son Hal was their most recent touring synth/keys man.

They've done quite a lot of excellent work since 1988, too. IMO, they're the best band that no-one's ever heard. :) Try finding/downloading Erpland or Jurassic Shift, although almost anything since the old cassette-release daze is quite good. :)

Hidria Spacefolk are a similar band out of Finland, fairly young (esp. in comparison with Ozrics or, for that matter, Hawkwind). Played the NEARFest festival last summer, and I'm still kicking myself for not going, as their CDs are really hard to find.

I'll check into that Hawkwind tribute CD.

Comment

Litmus

Hi,

The whole of the Litmus CD "You Are Here" is available to stream at:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung...fthemonth/1240

Also, just to let you know that Litmus will be playing at the 10th Roadburn Festival at the 013 in Tilburg, Holland on Saturday April 9th 2005. This event features 3 stages: spacerock, stoner/garage and doom/noise. The whole event is broadcast live over the internet by VPRO 3VOOR12; recordings of previous events are available at http://www.roadburn.com.

Just to recapitulate, Litmus gigs so far booked for 2005 are:

15 January - Exeter Phoenix (supporting Ozric Tentacles)
              20 January - Bristol Fleece (supporting Julian Cope)
              22 January - Woverhampton Wulfrun (supporting Julian Cope)
              23 January - Sheffield Leadmill (supporting Julian Cope)
              24 January - Liverpool Academy (supporting Julian Cope)

4th March - The Uplands Tavern, Swansea
              5th March - The Rhondda Hotel, Porth

9th April - Roadburn Festival, 013, Tilburg, Netherlands

Comment

Working...
              X