Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Explain Primus to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very mechanical and industrial. It's a strange sense of humor and their singing is intentionally parodical IMHO.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Sorry, I don't see the "industrial" aspect. Parody, yes, they take nothing -- including themselves -- seriously. "Primus sucks!" :D (And they'd be the first to tell you that, even though they don't.)

They also have a deserved reputation for being excellent musicians. Ask a decent cross-section of rock and metal bassists about their favorites (older bassists) or influences (younger bassists) and Les Claypool should score prominently.

Comment

Ask a decent cross-section of rock and metal bassists about their favorites (older bassists) or influences (younger bassists) and Les Claypool should score prominently.
        I'm not a rock or metal bassist, but Les Claypool and John Entwistle are my absolute favorites.

Comment

From what I know, King Crimson and Frank Zappa are two of the main influences on Primus.
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
          Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

I remeber seeing Primus on their first tour of the UK in a tiny club called Stairways in Birkenhead. It was one of the most amazing gigs I've had the pleasure of attending (the acid I'd taken certanly hightend the experience) Les Claypool is an awsome bassist.

Comment

Dont know anything but They make you stick 9 inch nails through your eyelidss! * Wanna listen to Primus? Wanna see me stick 9inch nails through 1 of my eyelidss?* Eminem. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              X