Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Queen album brings rock to Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen album brings rock to Iran

LEtranger found this story and posted it in another thread, but I felt it needed to also be mentioned here in Rock and Roll because some huge Queen lovers (hi Bill!) might not have seen it.

"Rock band Queen, fronted by gay icon Freddie Mercury, has become the first rock act to receive an official seal of approval in Iran."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3593532.stm

A great accomplishment for one of the world's greatest rock bands! I'm sure Freddy is just loving this wherever he is.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

The more I hear, the more convinced I am Saddam may just have been right. (though with the similarity in facial tonsure, Freedy may have been working on him too)
    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
        WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER??????????????
        Yeah but who wants to die at the pinacle of their life?

Comment

I guess it beats dying alone and unloved in issue #300.

Comment

Back to the album, I hear that Brian May has denied this is an official release ...
            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Queen are my favorite band ever. With all respect to the Beatless and Rolling Stones,Queen was,is and always will be the ultimate rock band. They were about the most flexable and adaptable groups ever. All four of them were on equal terms even though Freddie was considered to be the front man. They tried everything and yet,remained themselves. Stuff from their first two albums is influenced by the fantasy world which,naturaly, might be connected to our main man here on the site. ;o)

Comment

I still love "It a Kind of Magic" it's an incredable soundtrack.

Comment

Well..."AKOM" is more of a regular album than a soundtrack ("Flash Gordon" is a perfect example of a typical soundtrack done by one band (and also a first one ever))

Comment

Millosh_024 wrote:

Well..."AKOM" is more of a regular album than a soundtrack ("Flash Gordon" is a perfect example of a typical soundtrack done by one band (and also a first one ever))
                    Not sure what track you're on there, Millosh, but you'll find that the likes of Pink Floyd and Tangerine Dream were ahead of Queen by some margin. :?
                    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

I love Queen's "Flash Gordon" theme. Pity they didn't have it at the last halloween party I went to as General Kala;

"What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching?"

[/i]

Comment

Could we see a picture of you as General Kala, please?
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

All the songs on AKOM we're created for the movie Highlander. Essentailly it's the Highlander Soundtrack.

Originally posted by Millosh_024

Comment

Originally posted by Etive
                            I love Queen's "Flash Gordon" theme. Pity they didn't have it at the last halloween party I went to as General Kala;

"What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching?"

[/i]

Flash! AHHHHAHHHHHH! Savior of the Universe! He can save every one of us!

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                              Could we see a picture of you as General Kala, please?
                              Sorry Etranger, I can't find one. If I happen to bump into anyone who was there I will ask them. I know that someone has some footage of me singing Bohemian Rhapsody with Jack skellington and a bat :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X