Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Are You Listening To Right Now? Part 1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Listening To Right Now? Part 1

Thurston Moore's excellent cover of "European Son" by the Velvet Underground which I downloaded via Limewire.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Hmm. Perhaps I thought the title of the thread too obvious, and should explain the premise...

Please post whatever you are listening to right at this moment. Hopefully comments, questions and musical idea sharing will ensue.

Currently: I'm Wrong About Everything" by John Wesley Harding from the High Fidelity Soundtrack

next...
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Blackfield www.blackfield.org

Comment

Right at this moment: "Emma Peel" by an old Seattle band called The Allies. Hard to find nowadays, but used to be a staple on Seattle radio in the late 80s.

http://www.brandos.nl/band/bio.html
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Hah! I remember that song well. The video won them the MTV basement tapes, and was really incredibly ahead of it's time. The song was good too, though unfortunately Karl Funk's only real gem. Years later, around '94, when I was djing (actually music director at the time) at KAOS in Olympia a cassette demo of a new version of the song by him showed up at the station.

Currently listening to "Citadel" by the Legendary Pink Dots from the album From Here You'll Watch the World Go By. I downloaded it from http:www.epitonic.com where you can get several free LPD songs with their blessing as well as tons of other amazing stuff. This song is quite appropriate for this board I think!

Comment

I am listening to Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies cd, entitled 'Hurrah! Another year, surely this one will be better than the last; the inexorable march of progress will lead us all to happiness.'
            It is very good, just as they are live. I saw them perform on Tuesday, and their cd has been pretty much the only thing I have listened to since. :D

Comment

Currently: silence. The last thing I listened to was 'Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Red Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined', by a remarkable japanese band called 'mono'. Amazing stuff.
              Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Led Zep!

Comment

Oh, I am listening to Led Zeppelin as well (Physical Graffiti). I havenآ´t decided yet what I am going to listen next: probably it is either Raw Power by Iggy Pop & The Stooges, or Nuclear Nightclub by Wigwam (a great Finnish band from the 70آ´s...what? Do not laugh !!!)

Comment

Led Zeppelin will cure all that ails ya. Can't go wrong there. Physical Graffitti is certainly one of the five best albums of all time for me.

Right now, though: The new Rush covers EP. Check it out. Also, Genesis (The Lamb...), and Sam Hagars new hits CD.

Not all at once.

Comment

I'm listening to a terrible CD I got free with a rock magazine called Kerrang!. There are tracks by The Distillers and Green Day, which are great but they're pretty old so I've already heard them... the rest are rather dull and are passing through my ears like so much blah. The worst track is a cover of Negative Creep (Nirvana) by a band called Velvet Revolver, who are basically Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose or any of the good songs. It's a horrible thing. No one should ever cover Nirvana songs... ever.

The worst part of the whole enterprise is that it's supposed to be a collection of artists who are up for awards given out by the magazine. It's rather a disappointment really.

On the whole I try to have music I don't want to listen to on in the background if I'm going to be reading or writing, otherwise I'll start listening to the words of the song and my concentration will slip. But it has to be rock music, otherwise I get bored and start thinking about how much I hate classical music (or whatever). Not sure if that makes sense, but I don't have to make sense, do I? :)

D...
                      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Cowboy Junkies- One Soul Now. Very, very mellow, (especially in comparison to what most of you are listening to right now) but appropriate for work. I get very strange looks inside my office door when I have the Beastie Boys, Audioslave, or Jet on. Besides, any day with Margo Timmins in it has to be a good day.

And Dee, nice characterization of Velvet Revolver.

Comment

Been listening to Erykah Badu's 'Baduizm' a lot lately. I'm not one for much soul music, but this album has always grabbed me. Bit of a classic of mine, I think.

Here would also seem a likely place to express my utter disappointment with the new Prodigy album. Opener, 'Spitfire', is superb, but after that things go down hill very rapidly.
                          Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                            No one should ever cover Nirvana songs... ever.
                            I second that!
                            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

No one should cover Bowie either... but Nirvana did!

Comment

Working...
                              X