Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Movie Poll 2020 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Poll 2020 Edition

Which one of these movies do like better?
    Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
    100.00%
    Man in the Wilderness (1971)
    0%
    The Mountain Men (1980)
    0%

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

These are fun polls, but like the trilogy poll I haven't seen any of these either.
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
      These are fun polls, but like the trilogy poll I haven't seen any of these either.
      Thanks! That's okay, I'll was just trying to bring a few things back for the forum's comeback.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Leaving Grizzly Adams (1974) off the ballot is an obvious sign the poll is rigged!

Regardless, Toklat (1971) still reigns supreme over all these buckskin fringe wearing pretenders to the throne.

Comment

Perhaps a bit unfair but Jeremiah Johnson is the only I have seen so by default gets my vote. I rather enjoy the movie anyway, so I happily give it.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post
            Leaving Grizzly Adams (1974) off the ballot is an obvious sign the poll is rigged!

Regardless, Toklat (1971) still reigns supreme over all these buckskin fringe wearing pretenders to the throne.
            I would like to watch Toklat, I never saw that one.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post

I would like to watch Toklat, I never saw that one.
              Right back at yeh, I've never seen Man in the Wilderness and will ask about it next time I visit the vid store. The summary on IMDB makes it sound like The Revenant was a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

Right back at yeh, I've never seen Man in the Wilderness and will ask about it next time I visit the vid store. The summary on IMDB makes it sound like The Revenant was a remake.
                Fantastic!

Yeah, I saw bits of The Revenant and instantly thought that.

I did not like The Revenant at all.

Man in the Wilderness has some historic influences.

There was a man in a similar situation.

I feel it is a well made movie.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
                  Fantastic!

Yeah, I saw bits of The Revenant and instantly thought that.

I did not like The Revenant at all.

Man in the Wilderness has some historic influences.

There was a man in a similar situation.

I feel it is a well made movie.
                  Yeah, the internet has since told me both shows are based on the story of Hugh Glass.

I thought The Revenant was okay-ish, but, other than some vague memories about wondering what kind of mountain man doesn't know to back the hell away as quick as possible if you come upon a bear cub, it sure didn't leave much trace in my memory banks.

Comment

I didn't care much for The Revenant either. I thought the trailer was way better than the film turned out to be, which is a shame because Leonardo DiCaprio is a fine actor.
                    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
                    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Well, in my dedication to the truth of this poll I have now watched (rewatched actually) Man in the Wilderness and Jeremiah Johnson. The Mountain Men remains neglected because a rather insistent youthful memory keeps telling me it was bad.

Despite some appalling faux folky singer/songwriter soundtrack moments and a klunky streak of Americana, I must admit, for myself, Jeremiah Johnson is the clear winner. It's just the better film.

Of course that is probably largely due to Man in the Wilderness being a B film, while Jeremiah Johnson is clearly a major production with a-lister-at-the-time star Robert Redford (near the apex of his fame), director Sidney Pollack (already with a Best Director Oscar under his belt) and scriptwriter John Milius (near the start of his rise).

Comment

I didn`t like The Revenant at all ,one I will definetely never watch again . I saw Man in the -wilderness and Jeremiah Johnson many years ago , I think Jeremiah Johnson is the winner .

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X