Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Is Your Favorite Cult Movie From This List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey C Wrote
    And "Tommy" - that Scummer (football term) Ken Russell burnt down our pier filming it!
    Tommy was on tv lastnight.I saw a beautiful,white,clapboard structure built on top of a pier with its roof ablaze.It looked a bit like Eel Pie Island.It was shown in the last 10 minutes of the movie.If that is the pier that you are referring to Mikey I agree it was amazing.What exactly was the purpose of that building, a dancehall? What was its name? The pier looked about 20 ft. above the water, could you fish off of it? Why the hell didnt they extinguish the fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Pellaz
      I went with Heavy Metal from the list, although there are quite a few pleasantly-remembered films there. Quite a few of them, including The Wall, Fritz The Cat, Tommy, Quadrophenia, The Song Remains The Same and of course Rocky Horror Picture Show used to be shown as midnight movies here in Atlanta when I was in high school. A few others, too....I remember Fire And Ice being shown, which was basically Ralph Bakshi's "I'll do an Elric movie anyway!" film.

Rocky Horror is still shown as a midnight movie here, with an excellent live cast. I know them pretty well.

Heavy Metal wins, though. Great animation, great soundtrack, and Mike wrote one of the songs!
      Didn't Frank Frazzetta do some of the aniamation on Fire And Ice. That was a great movie, but I haven't seen it in over 10 years. I need to try to find it on e-bay or something.

Comment

I'm not sure now if Frank F. actually worked directly on the film, but one of the characters was based on -- or possibly was -- his "Death-Dealer" character.

Comment

I liked, on the Frazzetta documentary, how they said Frank had to show the proffesional stuntman had to move and run for the animation team. He could do the stunt work better than the guys have his age. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
            I liked, on the Frazzetta documentary, how they said Frank had to show the proffesional stuntman had to move and run for the animation team. He could do the stunt work better than the guys have his age. ;)
            Thats funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiassi
              Thats funny.

I hope it was still funny, aside all the spelling mistakes, what was I thinking?

have = half for one.

anyway, ya, they were saying that Frazzetta is very strong.

also interesting that he can paint and draw with his left hand as well as his right.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Haven't seen Rocky Horror Picture Show, Heavy Metal, The Valley Of The Dolls, Helter Skelter, Quadrophenia and Gimmee Shelter but chose The Wild One from the list. I guess I could have gone for MMT if it wasn't that it is so long ago I saw it that my memory is dim on it.
                TWO's got one of my favourite dialogoues: Johnny (Played by a young Marlon Brando) is the leader of MC-gang having invaded a smalltown. They now have decided to 'take over' the local bar. Inside Johnny is, standing by the jukebox, approached by the local female hairdresser, out with a girlfriend of hers, and the following exchange unfolds:

Hairdresser: What are you rebeling against Johnny?

Johnny: What've you got?

Othwerwise my favourite directors are Fassbinder, Bunuel and Herzog.
                Last edited by Anders; 07-05-2006, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Dont forget Lee Marvin as "CHINO"!

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                    I hope it was still funny, aside all the spelling mistakes, what was I thinking?

have = half for one.

anyway, ya, they were saying that Frazzetta is very strong.

also interesting that he can paint and draw with his left hand as well as his right.
                    He had to learn to draw with his left hand, after he had a stroke. The artwork he does with his left hand is still excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                      Dont forget Lee Marvin as "CHINO"!
                      Yes, yes... 'Chino'... priceless

Comment

Working...
                      X