Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fear and Loathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear and Loathing

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas....a great book and not a bad film. Both Depp and Del Toro transformthemselves to become the characters Thompson created. A well done movie, but not one that is for everyone. However, if you've never taken an illicit substance, this movie might give you an idea of what they are like

Ah yes, I love that film. As you say, I've never taken drugs personally, but it always gives me a bit of a buzz... I don't really envy the drugs of the drinking, but I wouldn't mind a ride in that car! That's the best way to travel... in a cheery red convertible, with your tape deck blaring out.

Have you read Rum Diary at all? Apparently they're planning to make a film of that, with Depp taking the lead role... and Del Toro directing... or that might just be a crazy rumour.

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Terry Gilliam is a great director. Love his movies (Time Bandits, Baron Manchausen, Brazil, 12 Monkeys). Many people missed the point of the movie. To get an idea if you miss that one part talking about America the movie makes no sense at all. Great movie.

Comment

Working...
      X