Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Is it just me or did Hell Boy have a really short run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or did Hell Boy have a really short run?

I finally found the time to go see it and now I can't find it in the theater. Will it be okay to catch this on DVD?
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I liked it a lot, Berry.
    And I'm one of those
    "everything sucks!" kind of
    people.
    (Not as extreme as Krunky though ;) )
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Hey!

Hellboy is practically the only think I still collect - that and Sock Monkey. I don't hate everything. I just love quality.

Track back in the comics forum and you shall see that it is so.

BTW, I thought the Hellboy movie was pretty good - but as a fan I worry that it was more fan targetted than makes commercial sense. It's hard to judge as a fan though - too much prior knowledge of the character makes it harder to decide if they fully explained different aspects of the characters sufficiently for the less informed viewers.

I really liked the ending. Liz and the Boy - flaming hot kisses!

I swoon.

Comment

I really agree krunky.

I thought a lot of the stuff worked standalone, like you really didn't have to own "the corpse" to find the reference scene funny, and they did a good job of making Hellboy's personality recognizable to people who didn't know him. But towards the end I couldn't help thinking to myself "If I knew nothing about Hellboy, would I know what was going on?", especially with Mike's intepretation of the Cthulu mythos. The answer I found was no.

As for Liz, well Mike always gave me the impression Big Red was more interested in Kate. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
          Hey!

Hellboy is practically the only think I still collect - that and Sock Monkey. I don't hate everything. I just love quality.

Track back in the comics forum and you shall see that it is so.

I really liked the ending. Liz and the Boy - flaming hot kisses!

I swoon.
          I was only half serious, dude. If you can roast DeeCS for
          having a third nipple, I say I am allowed to exaggerate
          your critical tendencies of art and entertainment ;)
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
          Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
          X